Becoming a Carer for your partner.

Attendance allowance, there are 2 levels, the bloke that helped me with my mothers claim was a star. Only applicable to 65 + years. Hopefully this helps.

Make sure you get Carer’s allowance.
You get a pittance, but you also get NI credits.

Unsure Denis if the op is grafting? If he is caring full time (35 hours plus a week) and in receipt of U.C he will qualify for carers allowance if his wife meets the criteria. However the carers allowance will be deducted at a £1 for every £1 received. He could of course claim carers element to supplement his U.C with no deductions. There are so so many variables dependent on personal circumstances.

Unsure Denis if the op is grafting? If he is caring full time (35 hours plus a week) and in receipt of U.C he will qualify for carers allowance if his wife meets the criteria. However the carers allowance will be deducted at a £1 for every £1 received. He could of course claim carers element to supplement his U.C with no deductions. There are so so many variables dependent on personal circumstances.
I'm self employed, claim no benefits. Wife gets PIP and summat else but doesn't claim any other means tested benefit.
Essentially i wanna give up work but not sign on.

I'm self employed, claim no benefits. Wife gets PIP and summat else but doesn't claim any other means tested benefit.
Essentially i wanna give up work but not sign on.

You could leave work and make a joint claim for U.C with your wife. Because you are leaving work to care full time for your partner ie 35+ hours a week you should not receive sanctions. Do check with the U.C hotline to confirm this first as I am not a benefits advisor. You could if you wished and at as later stage work part time if it fits in with your lifestyle. You would be able to earn around £289 a month without it affecting your U.C. By claiming U.C you will get an additional premium of around £330 a month because your wife will be in the limited capability for work group (LCWRA) and you can also get your rent paid. You will be entitled to claim a blue badge to assist with parking if she receives the getting around component and has 8 points or more. There will be a small charge from your local council for this. Hope this helps matey and the information to the best of my knowledge is correct and from our neighbour who's husband is housebound but everything depends on the circumstances of the claimant. As mentioned you will receive the smaller carers element that is non deductible in place of carers allowance that is deductible at £1 in the £1 if U.C is claimed. I hope this helps you but do check with the U.C hotline first and maybe more knowledgeable ones on here in here that are actually in receipt of U.C can advise further or contact Citizens Advice who will be more than willing to assist. Needless to say our government will look after you and your wife and all your needs. Enjoy the lovely weather today matey and god bless Chelsea. Adios.

You could leave work and make a joint claim for U.C with your wife. Because you are leaving work to care full time for your partner ie 35+ hours a week you should not receive sanctions. Do check with the U.C hotline to confirm this first as I am not a benefits advisor. You could if you wished and at as later stage work part time if it fits in with your lifestyle. You would be able to earn around £289 a month without it affecting your U.C. By claiming U.C you will get an additional premium of around £330 a month because your wife will be in the limited capability for work group (LCWRA) and you can also get your rent paid. You will be entitled to claim a blue badge to assist with parking if she receives the getting around component and has 8 points or more. There will be a small charge from your local council for this. Hope this helps matey and the information to the best of my knowledge is correct and from our neighbour who's husband is housebound but everything depends on the circumstances of the claimant. As mentioned you will receive the smaller carers element that is non deductible in place of carers allowance that is deductible at £1 in the £1 if U.C is claimed. I hope this helps you but do check with the U.C hotline first and maybe more knowledgeable ones on here in here that are actually in receipt of U.C can advise further or contact Citizens Advice who will be more than willing to assist. Needless to say our government will look after you and your wife and all your needs. Enjoy the lovely weather today matey and god bless Chelsea. Adios.
Top Man Two Gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.