Beer and wine making kits

mcfcfaz

Im looking to start making my own wine and beer,i have looked on various sites and found you can get them for less than £20,anyone know if these are any good ,or can anyone give some advice.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Has she not come back mate? Alcohol isn't the answer, and that's non-fiction.
No she has gone over to her dads for a few days ,im getting myself ready for single fatherhood lol

Dont bother using tap water if you live in around Manchester. The wash is very important.

Its just something i have wanted to do for a while ,so no time like the present .

My father used to brew his own all the time using those kits and the product was always terrible. I go to Germany alot and have tasted alot of home made wine and beer (even though its illegal to make your own there) and its been absolutely fantastic.

A mate used to make wine, it was fucking horrible but must have been about 60 proof! Lethal stuff!

mcfcfaz said:
Im looking to start making my own wine and beer,i have looked on various sites and found you can get them for less than £20,anyone know if these are any good ,or can anyone give some advice.
Initial set up is quite expensive,check out the free adds for people who do things once and then 'jack it in'.You can pick up bargains.Normal turnaround is roughly three weeks per batch of beer,if you use a barrel (40 pints) then you need to consume fairly rapid,unless you buy gas canisters.If you bottle your beer,then it's time consuming and more work (cleaning etc) With all the special offers on at supermarkets it's something you'll need to decide on.

I've made beer and it's come out good. I wouldn't waste my time with some cheapo kit as you won't really get to do much beside follow simple directions. You should make a mash tun and then do your fermenting in carboys or medical grade plastic buckets.

I'd also try to keg it rather than bottle it, it's too much work to bottle it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.