Before, during and after the 1981 FA Cup Final & Replay?

Blue Streak

I have very vauge memories of trouble as I was only six. Outside before the first game and outside after the replay on that ill fated Thursday night.

I recall 2/3rds of Wembley seemed to be Spurs fans that evening for the second game as well.

Sad evening obviously.

Our coach got bricked in Wembley car park along with a few who's windows actually went through.
Think it was more a London v Manchester thing.

But has nothing to do with Weds game. Been down to WHL quite a few time since and never any mither.

Its in The Blood said:
Our coach got bricked in Wembley car park along with a few who's windows actually went through.
Think it was more a London v Manchester thing.

But has nothing to do with Weds game. Been down to WHL quite a few time since and never any mither.

Wasn't trying to suggest it had anything to do with Wednesdays game mate. Sorry if I gave that impression. Although I have also been down to WHL since then and it wasn't a bed of roses.

City out numbered 'em 3-1. Spuds were in the seats. It was mental. Chased 'em down the concorses, and outside it was war.
I went to both matches, 'we did not come away with a bloody nose'.

I was 15, I remember it was starting to kick off with spurs who were at the side of me just as Mckenzie struck, that seemed to take everyone's mind off it..!

I recall Spurs fans acting like complete Wankers on the Thursday night as they seemed to have the majority of the fans milling around before the game.

went down on a coach for the first game didn't get any bother ,we hired a mini bus for the replay,got a couple of miles away from wembley stuck in traffic i was bursting for a piss so got out and found a alleyway behind some houses ,by the time i got back the mini bus had disappeared out of sight started legging it some spud fans in van told me to jump in they would take me to the ground opened the back of the transit and it was full of em ,thought fuck it got in had a good laugh with them .met up with my mates at the city end i had two of there tickets so they had to wait for me ,good couple of days out except for the end result

Not sure if they still do it but back then all 92 league clubs received tickets for FA Cup finals and we got tickets from Cardiff City.
I was 13 at the time and i went up with my City mad Mother, we didn't realise until we got to Wembley that the tickets we had were in the Spurs end.
We got loads of verbals and some twats even spat on my Mothers back. She marched straight down to the front and asked a steward if they could move us as it was getting a bit hairy and fair do's the steward opened a gate and walked us along the old greyhound track down to the City end, where we were cheered by the City fans lol.
You'd think that was the end of it but it wasn't, when Tommy Hutch scored ( for us) some City skinhead decided to jump onto the fence and went nuts, knocking me and a few other kids flying, my Mother grabbed his shirt and yanked him down and told him off like the school teacher she was, i thought he was going to deck her but he turned round and said "sorry Mrs" and then hugged my Mother lol.
Went back up on the thursday night and there were tickets to be found everywhere, i think i cried all the way home after we lost.
Can't believe that was nearly 30 years ago ffs

I was at university in the middle of finals so I could go on the Saturday but not on the Thursday as I had exams both Thursday and Friday. We absolutely p*ssed on them on the saturday. So poor was he that Ricky Villa was given the hook and walked round the pitch looking a dejected man. In typical City fashion Tommy Hutch then deflected an innocuous free kick into his own net late in the game and somehow Spurs got away with it. It was the first final replay at wembley and theefore a home game for them and it was clear the game was up. The rest is history but I believe that was the occasion when the phrase "typical City" was born. 30 bloody years !

I was 10..Mum picked took me out of school, and put me on the train from manchester to London..on my own ( put my tickets in my sock and told me not to tell anyone I had them on me!!). my Dad was working down there, so he met me at the other end....that'd probably be a story for social services thse days!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.