Before, during and after the 1981 FA Cup Final & Replay?

I went to the game, but as was only 6 I dopnt recall anytihng of the game, All I do rmeember islosing my flag down a tunnel jumping down ot run after it and being confroted by the brass band starting to walk out. Still got me programme, a silk scarf with a few autographs on it, and a rosette.

I went down on the train for the Sat game and couldn't get a ticket. There were loads of Spuds fans came round to City's end just after kick off and started to have a go outside with the other City lads like me who had no tickets. We gave as good as we got, but the Police were outnumbered so called on the stewards to help out and when thestewards were going back into the ground, I sneaked in with em. This senior steward guy shouted to me, where's your bib, so I told him it had been ripped off in the rumble, hid in the toilets for a few minutes and came out into the ground to see Tommy score the opening goal. On the Thursday there were lots of Spuds in our end, who tried to act the big guys, and City's lads were knocking em about a bit to put it mildly. Lots going on in the coach park after, think Spuds probably had the best of that rumble.

stayed the weekend for the first game and was really pissed off
had to get the train from wembley with loads of spurs fans, fucking knobs trying to kick off but we stood our ground

drove down on the thursday in my old ford cortina, four of us, so we saw no trouble
couldn't believe how empty the city end was until just on kick off when it became packed
we were out in full force even though it was a thursday night

we should have won it on the saturday, i still have nightmares about mackenzie's miss from two yards out, and why did you move tommy????

I was 21 got a good kicking on the Saturday went down on Thursday and got more than a little revenge hate the twats

i remember getting there and seeing a crew of them walking towards us with clockwork orange white overalls on with things wrote on and actually with the star of david drawn on as well? they really were total thugs that day (1st game) after the game they surrounded our minibus and just harrassed anyone they saw in blue, they did not desreve to be celebrating after the second game because they are the biggest shithouse set of fans i have ever come across, who weren,t even interested in the final, never had any time for them and their team since, i was proud to be at wembley they were just there to spoil it? that club left a bad taste in my mouth something i won,t forget? i remember big joe corrigan going in to there dressing room to congratulate spurs on their so called victory and they just totally blanked joe? city got no recognition for that final and the commentator on bbc that night was a total tosser who had a real bad attitude towards gerry gow, and yes we did see the greatest fa cup final goal ever scored, well done steve mckenzie? we missed out in the 1st game i always thought it was probably our chance to move the club forward, and we all know what happened two seasons later?

thursday was the worst for the trouble.after the game a copper was getting a beating of spuds fans in the car park when some city fans steamed in to rescue him,this story made the papers and the guy who was getting the beating came up to maine rd for the 1st game of the next season,west brom i think,to meet up with his saviours.

blumoonrises said:
I was 15, I remember it was starting to kick off with spurs who were at the side of me just as Mckenzie struck, that seemed to take everyone's mind off it..![/quote
Thats how I remembered it, I missed the goal because it was kicking off right next to me. It was on the right hand side lower as you looked at the pitch.

I was at Cov Poly and a top lecturer Rob from Politics dept got me a ticket..........

Gerry Gow ran the show on the Saturday but on the Thursday there seemed to be lots of Londoners who had got tickets for the City end intent on trouble which began just as Stevie Mac scored.

i remember walking down wembley way and a spurs fan with a cockrel costume on was nicking city fans hats/scalves. he nicked my hat so i head butted him. unfortunately it wasn't the greatest connection. i was just 14.

Went to the first game, wasn't aware Hutch glanced it for their goal, as he was behind a pillar, till I got home.

Wasn't allowed to go to the replay as I had O Level maths the next day. :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.