Belgium v Italy | Euro 2020 Quarter Final

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Belgium v Italy

Friday 2nd July 2021

Kicks off at 20:00 (BST) at the Allianz Arena in Munich, Germany. Capacity at 20%, approximately 14,000.

Coverage begins at 19:30 (BST) on BBC 1, no other information so far.

Referee: Slavko Vincic (SVN)

The best tie of the quarter finals. The winner will play Spain or Switzerland in the Semi-Final

BELGIUM
They’ve already took 1 big scalp in the knockouts and they’ll be hoping to do so here again. I think nearly everybody was rooting for them to beat Portugal ,after the way Portugal decided to play the game. They’ll be sweating on the fitness of De Bruyne, they’ll struggle against Italy if he isn’t fit. Lukaku needs to be back to his best, he was decent against Portugal but needs to be better.

Form at Euro 2020:
Belgium 3-0 Russia
Denmark 1-2 Belgium
Finland 0-2 Belgium
Belgium 1-0 Portugal

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Romelu Lukaku – 3
Thorgan Hazard – 2
Kevin De Bruyne – 1
Thomas Muenier – 1
Own Goal – 1

ITALY
The Last 16 was probably the first sign of weakness we saw in Italy. Austria were resolute, frustrated them and if Arnautovic had delayed his run by centimetres they might not be here. In the end Bobby’s men got the job done, they had too much energy and ability for Austria in extra time. 2 of the substitutes making the difference for the goals.

Form at Euro 2020:
Turkey 0-3 Italy
Italy 3-0 Switzerland
Italy 1-0 Wales
Italy 2-1 (a.e.t) Austria

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Ciro Immobile – 2
Matteo Pessina – 2
Manuel Locatelli – 2
Lorenzo Insigne – 1
Federico Chiesa – 1
Own Goal – 1

Last edited:
Picked Belgium to win but only if Kev is fit. Should be a cracker of a game. Shame it's not the final.

The toughest one of the quarters to call. If Chiellini is back, I think they will be a bit more solid at the back than against Austria. They don't really seem to have a natural goalscorer but Belgium's defence can be got at and I think Italy might just sneak it, especially if KDB isn't fully fit.

I think Italy will give the Belgium defenders nightmares, Italy win for me

Tough one to call. Italy are better defensively and are slight favourites for me, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this went to penalties.

it depends on KDB being fit ? because we all know italy will defend for their lives and hit you on the break
so could be a tight game that pens has to sort out

I'm being selfish here. I want an Italy win and Kev being given a half decent pre season to rest and recover.

Italy is the one team that could probably manage Lukaku. Especially if De Bruyne and Hazard are out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.