Bellamy is not a left winger!!!

citymad said:
Can see Mancini playing Bellers on the right and Robbi on the left. Doesn'y have to either or, play them both and watch us score goals. Have a feeling SWP maybe a right back solution.

Are you fucking serious mate?

terryphelan said:
He's a striker.

Which make his performances this season all the more impressive IMO.

I would love for him to be given a chance in his natural position, imagine how good he could be for us.

Maybe Mancini will try this?

I think if you're starting with 3 strikers, you have to let Robinho play like a floater so that he can be more effective. He's at his best when he's involved; so with that said, you can start Tevez/Adebayor/Bellamy up top but either Barry or Ireland would be relegated to the bench bc we would need an extra defensive minded player bc of Robinho's lack of defensive prowess...just my opinion

Just as long as he keeps playing Bellamy is really all that matters.

And as for SWP at full back? The trouble is he is probably serious :) Just another post showing the great wisdom here.

This must be the most wrong thread I've ever seen here (and there are quite a few of them;-)

A player is a striker but is currently playing the best football of his life as left winger and you want to change that?
If he scores 15 goals a season only playing 75% of the games you dont move him away from that position! You dont change anything, you let him do his thing:-)

It's become increasingly popular in the last year or too to play a primarily central player on the wing that they can cut onto their stronger foot from. See Messi, Robben and Modric for examples. Bellamy is a quality player and has performed on the left wing so changing his role would be needless. Unless of course Mancini sees Robinho as the man for the left flank and Bellamy as the striker.

I agre with the op about Bellamy yes he has been great on the wing but in some games I think he's been wasted out there like at Anfield.Him and Adebayor would be better suited than Tevez and Adebayor but you can't drop Tevez at the minute and Roque and Tevez played well together.He is probably our best finisher though and I was thinking myself onSat with his pace playing on the shoulder with Cruz to run off he would take some stopping.

Xavvi said:
It's become increasingly popular in the last year or too to play a primarily central player on the wing that they can cut onto their stronger foot from. See Messi, Robben and Modric for examples. Bellamy is a quality player and has performed on the left wing so changing his role would be needless. Unless of course Mancini sees Robinho as the man for the left flank and Bellamy as the striker.

Robben is a winger though.

Bellamy is played wide as he defends well, and none of our other left wing options do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.