Bellamy retiring, whats his legacy?

adr2.8i

He hasnt fully retired yet i know, but after watching him Saturday against Newcastle, its plain to see that his legs have finally given up the ghost, so im pretty sure he will retire at the end of this season.

he retires from international football this month and 78 caps is a decent total and when you think hes had to play international football with a bunch of numpties its even more impressive. (and even more impressive still when you think o Super star Hero Ryan Giggs only managed 64 caps)

He gives 120% every single game. Far from being a perfect human being and his problems have been well documented, but as a footballer on the pitch he has been mostly fantastic.
i loved it when he joined mcfc. A lot of you on here would have watched him week in week out, so id be interested to hear your views about him. I think he was a success at city in my eyes, albeit it a short success. I dont think he wanted to leave but i dont think him and mancini were the best of friends :-)

So Bellamy, a great British player or just a pain in the ar$e?

Last edited:
His Legacy on the pitch for me will be that top right corner goal at the swamp... even though we lost that game that day the goal will always be one of my favourites.
Quality goal.

Off the pitch it has to be the Craig Bellamy foundation.
Seeing the work that's been done over in Africa, with poverty stricken kids getting education and able to play football in safety.

Legacy will always be a full time ****
Great footballer who thought he was Maradona and
for most City fans grateful for his part in rebuilding Man City

Never ever forgetting he was a complete **** though which while you want to avoid played a part along with his legs in stopping him from being a better player with more medals on his shelf

He is a good, solid premier league standard player with above average ability for that league.

That's about it.

No real unique legacy as there are always players like that around and he doesn't stand out from them.

Nothing specific in his legacy more a lot of contributing factors such as his work rate, Craig Bellamy Foundation, his attitude towards the fans and he says it how it is.

For me he is a role model as he works his bollocks off and actually cares unlike other mercenaries. When we were trying to break in to the Champions League and we had spurs mid week he was getting the changing room fired up.

His comments about John Terry after the 7-1 drumming at Chelsea were class as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.