Bellamy - Stalybridge

invisibleman92

I went to the game last night and at the end of half-time Bellamy came over to speak to someone behind the goal. Looked like he was trying to explain himself to someone who had given him a bit of stick?

Just wondered what was being said? At one point he rubbed his fingers together as if he was talking about money...

Not sure what to think about him at the moment..

invisibleman92 said:
I went to the game last night and at the end of half-time Bellamy came over to speak to someone behind the goal. Looked like he was trying to explain himself to someone who had given him a bit of stick?

Just wondered what was being said? At one point he rubbed his fingers together as if he was talking about money...

Not sure what to think about him? He's barking mad is what he is . . talented, fragile, overly aggressive and the centre of his own attention = a very volatile mix.
If he were to be stuck on his own on a desert island he'd end up chinning himself for want of another target . . if he were stuck there long enough (and if his knees were up to it) he'd lose it entirely and kick himself to death.

That's Craig for ya.

hisroyalblueness said:
invisibleman92 said:

Not sure what to think about him? He's barking mad is what he is . . talented, fragile, overly aggressive and the centre of his own attention = a very volatile mix.
That's Craig for ya.
Remind you of anyone else at the club?

hisroyalblueness said:
invisibleman92 said:

If he were to be stuck on his own on a desert island he'd end up chinning himself for want of another target . . if he were stuck there long enough (and if his knees were up to it) he'd lose it entirely and kick himself to death.

That's Craig for ya.

He was the perfect pro last night.Did all the pre match preparation work,worked hard all the 60 minutes he played,always looking to get on the ball to make things happen,scored a very good goal,set another up and was always talking to and helping the younger players.

Pity a thread like this comes up so somebody can throw their pre conceived negative thoughts around as some like to do.

My mate posted this on City's official facebook page, he isn't a WUM either.

I was lucky enough to get a five minute convo with Bellamy and Johno last night on the card park behind the stand 10 mins before the end of the game and heard some interesting stuff. Bellers says he has a meeting with the manager when he returns from the USA and he plans to 'apologise' (he didnt elaborate any further) because he is desperate to stay and fight for his place. Johno said he wasnt going to be in the 25 man squad this year and has been told to go out on loan for the season so watch this space for that coming up. Think it would do him the world of good! Bellamy played brilliant last night and looked as sharp and as pacey as ever. Personally i hope he stays, think City are a better team with him playing...and he coached the kids brilliantly during the game yesterday, his passion for the game was clear for all to see and hear!!

It happened right in front of us and it was classic Bellamy.

The guy in the crowd shouted something at bellers during a corner which you could tell bellers aknowledged. Then when the half time whistle went bellers made a point of going over to the guy behind the goal and firmly but calmly said to him "I just want to play mate, I'm on the same wages as I was at West Ham so give me a break" then they exchanged a few words (all calm and not agressive then the guy put his hand out to shake Bellamys and he kind of gave him a high five!

No matter what peoples impression of bellamy is I'd still like to see him in the 25 for next season as his passion for the game, even last night was immense and he definitley wasn't gonna take any shit!!

On another note he apparently had a go at an Altrincham player on Saturday for swearing because "THERE WERE KIDS IN THE CROWD WHO COULD HEAR HIM" LOL

Apparently the guy he was talking to had been giving him some grief either before or during the match about his wages and him being greedy etc. Bellamy went over to put him straight and was a gentleman about it.

No matter what people think of him it's bang out of order to have a go at him while he's playing a game. He gave 100% last night and should have had at least three goals but for two cracking saves by the Stalyvegas goalie.

birchvillablue said:
I thought Bellers had a great game, was really encouraging to the young lads and was a credit to the club, some good banter with the crowd also.

This ^^

Bellers was holding the ball up, setting attacks up, playing other players in etc. etc. telling players to calm down when they had a go at the referee (sniggers!)all in the way that Mancini wants our teams to play. Although his vocal outbursts off the field may not be to everyone's taste last night he was the consummate professional on the field of play.

Oh and Bridge took a right tw@tting straight in front of me in the first half. Could hear his shin pad nearly snap in two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.