Belle Vue Greyhounds

Bluebird1

Just got back from my first visit there. Had a great night and despite knowing nothing about racing I had three winners and one second place from eight races. Didn't win much but I broke even so was quite happy with that.

It's a good night out especially with the offers they have, £4 for a race card, pint and cheeseburger.

Anybody got any tips so that I can come out with a profit the next time I go? I basically just put £2 on each race for the dog to win (I know, last of the big spenders!)

Yeah, my tip is next you win £4 on the first race, just call it a day and give your money to me.

Deal?

Good night the dogs as far as winning and tips it's a lottery, I usually pick 2 traps and stick with them in a reverse forecast, sometimes it works other times not, take it for what it is a laugh and a bit of fun

Tbh I wasn't expecting to win anything. It was just a fun night out but I was devastated by the dog who came second in the last race (had him to win), he was wearing a blue coat and is called Daves Di-Silva. I had hopes for him:-(

When I go to the dogs I pick out 2 trap numbers and bet them £1 reverse forecasts every race.

Thats predicting 1st and 2nd in any order.

£2 per race and if you get 2 right you make money, it isnt a science but the dogs are just a bit of fun.

I like to pick 2-4 or 3-6

I've co-owned a few racing greyhounds in my time, great fun and a cheap hobby for a collection of mates. That said, in all the times I've had a runner, there was only one occasion when I really felt that our dog would win; she'd had a shocker in a high class race, been dropped well down and the trainer had discovered a sore paw after the event, all fixed for the next run, we got 9/2 and she flew home.

As for advice, it's impossible to discount luck as a major factor, but there are a couple of things I can suggest
1) traps 3&4 have the best strike rate at Belle Vie but this changes to 5&6 in very wet weather. The theory is that the banked course means the outside stays dryer and the dogs can get better grip.
2) the race cards are a wealth of information. Look at the classification of the race, almost always 'A' followed by a number. The lower the number the better the grade, with 'OR' for open race being the highest standard, then A1, A2 etc. If the next race is A6, see of any of the field raced in A5 or A7 last time. A5 is an indication that they might be better than this race, whereas an A7 winner could be on the upgrade.
3) look for a dog that had trouble in running, again the card can help here, if you find one that won a couple of races on the spin having been slowly away but stayed on, only to been bumped/interfered last time out, then it may have just been bad luck that prevented a win.
4) the advice about doing a set forecast/tricast is sound. Easy to put on before racing, if it comes in once you'll usually cover your outlay, twice or more and you're picking up a tidy sum.

For what it's worth, I tend to look for fast starters from 2&3 on the upgrade, and hope they blitz out and make all. But I can't stress enough that it's only a laugh and not something for serious money unless you know something others don't.

LeeOnePen said:
I've co-owned a few racing greyhounds in my time, great fun and a cheap hobby for a collection of mates. That said, in all the times I've had a runner, there was only one occasion when I really felt that our dog would win; she'd had a shocker in a high class race, been dropped well down and the trainer had discovered a sore paw after the event, all fixed for the next run, we got 9/2 and she flew home.

As for advice, it's impossible to discount luck as a major factor, but there are a couple of things I can suggest
1) traps 3&4 have the best strike rate at Belle Vie but this changes to 5&6 in very wet weather. The theory is that the banked course means the outside stays dryer and the dogs can get better grip.
2) the race cards are a wealth of information. Look at the classification of the race, almost always 'A' followed by a number. The lower the number the better the grade, with 'OR' for open race being the highest standard, then A1, A2 etc. If the next race is A6, see of any of the field raced in A5 or A7 last time. A5 is an indication that they might be better than this race, whereas an A7 winner could be on the upgrade.
3) look for a dog that had trouble in running, again the card can help here, if you find one that won a couple of races on the spin having been slowly away but stayed on, only to been bumped/interfered last time out, then it may have just been bad luck that prevented a win.
4) the advice about doing a set forecast/tricast is sound. Easy to put on before racing, if it comes in once you'll usually cover your outlay, twice or more and you're picking up a tidy sum.

For what it's worth, I tend to look for fast starters from 2&3 on the upgrade, and hope they blitz out and make all. But I can't stress enough that it's only a laugh and not something for serious money unless you know something others don't.

Cheers for this. It definitely is a great night and we will be going again. I'm not a better/gambler (I need all my money for City lol) so went with the knowledge that I'd probably lose about £20 so was really surprised that I came back having broken even.

I just looked at the dogs' last race positions and then went for the ones who had done the most winning:-) Will look into doing the forecast/tricast next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.