Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake is an emergency LB only.

We are one of the best teams in the world, we can't have players making the positions up, we want to dominate the Premiership and become European champions.
We need a top quality full back.

And why would you want to drop Walker? In my opinion despite the adulation for KDB, Kyle Walker has been our player of the season. Consistency and quality in every game.
It wouldn't be for every game, but basically because Cancelo is an attacking fullback much like Dani Alves, Walker isn't. You would basically have Ake do on the left what Walker does on the right. Right now we attack mainly down the left due to David. Sterling inverts and Mendy takes up the wing. Then you have Rodri/Gundo shifting over with Walker basically sitting next to one of them in the midfield as a DM. Because of Walker's pace he's there to help out on counters. When the ball is shifted to the right Walker basically does simple overlaps when there is space, but he's not an attacking FB.

So you would basically do the same on the right with Cancelo attacking and shifting over everyone to protect against the counter with Ake on the left.

If we spend 70m on Chilwell it will be like putting out the fire with gasoline in terms of the hate against our club. Spending that sort of money in the time of covid on a very average player would be unacceptable.

Absolutely zero point trying to please anyone. I don't believe Chilwells the right man, but I'd have absolutely no problem with the club spending £70m atm. Fuck em

Are we even linked to Chilwell or are people actually getting all worked up over a tweet from a know nowt?

If there is genuine interest, would someone be so kind to list the source. Thanks

Nothing substantial but we've been linked for a couple of years and there's been some other whispers the last few days.

My guess in terms of likelihood would be infinitely higher than Harry Kane but less than Koulibaly but it's mostly just chit chat at this point.

Are we even linked to Chilwell or are people actually getting all worked up over a tweet from a know nowt?

If there is genuine interest, would someone be so kind to list the source. Thanks

That Dan from MCFCJUSTSAYIN maybe ruthless when people question him but no doubt he hears stuff mate and its a big call to go in full steam with this? Especially as no one else has reported it but then the agreed deal for Ake came suddenly?

This must mean we are not signing Koulibaly or another CB. Why sign Ake who can cover LB if we are going after a LB? Chilwell won’t be cheap and I can’t see us spending this much unless we are offloading someone big.

It seems like yesterday when Kompany almost snapped him in half and they were screaming for a red. Can't for the life of me find any footage or what exact year it was but I remember there was some buzz building around him and he seemed like lightning that day.

Who cares? Value for money doesn’t matter to me. We are not evaluating the transfers, but the quality of player. Based on “value for money” then Sagna was arguably better than Walker, which of course he isn’t. Kolarov And Mendy would be worse than Zinchenko and Delph, again they aren’t.
Well both quality and value count , I still cannot recall a superior left back to Clichy at his best for City and he was a major part in two title wins. We've always struggled at Left back but Clichy has been the best at his best.
Value is important because it enables money to be spent elsewhere. The summer we signed Clichy we also signed Aguero.

Can you post what he wrote mate?

***TIMPERS UPDATE***

Just a small one from me tonight after a mental couple of days, but it’s a MASSIVE one!!!!....

I’ve now been told by a few reliable sources that we are very close to signing Leicester’s Ben Chilwell!

It’s not done yet but it’s well on the way and by all accounts the Club are expecting it to happen!

I said in my last big update that Chilwell was the main target but City weren’t prepared to pay Leicester’s ridiculous price tag, so that must have changed or we’ve had a rethink!!!??? ‍♂️

If this is true and he does sign then it really would make my summer coz I think Chilwell along with another CB to partner Laporte, which will also happen, and our team is ready to rule the world!

Another quick one before I go, I’m now 90%-95% sure that Ferran Torres is taking David Silva’s No.21 shirt number!

Have a good evening Blues coz things are about to get very exciting!

Dan ⚽

It`s a big call to make and without question he knows some people who get good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.