Benefit class - John Prescott

Ronnie the Rep said:
the reason for the large "sick" numbers is becasue sick pays better than normal unemployed. the yanks are experimenting with limiting the length of time benefits apply and apparently it works.
and how many poor yanks are goin to be pushed into poverty?

maineman said:
brooklandsblue said:
kinkladze96 said:
Woman i know has three kids, lives on benefits and because the kids have not been well brought up they are disruptive in school and dont fit in well with what is classed as normal behaviour. Result is mother gets paid to be a carer to her own children. they have no special needs ,they have just come to the attention of the social services and money gets thrown at them. I work an average of 50 hrs a week and get less than she does a month. Pissed off with it,yes .whos the mug, looks like me.

It's wrong worng fucking worng!! We have a rat problem in this country and I am not talking about the 4 legged kind.

The Brooklandsblue solution.

1) Tougher regulation and investigation on those who claim to be long term sick (this seems to be the most common technique used by the work shy) to make sure only those who genuinely can not work get what they deserve.

2) Stop the crazy system that allows people who are not working to be better off than if they got a job-how did it come to this??

3) A sliding scale of unemployment benefits.

1-4 months full entitlement

4-7 months 80% entitlement

10 months 60% entitlement

12 months+ 50% entitlement

If the system is made so that even minimum wage jobs pay better than benefits then I am convinced any mentally/physically fit man or women could find a job within 1-4 months....
mainemans solution shoot brooklandsblue

Or make him minister for employment.

brooklandsblue said:
kinkladze96 said:
Woman i know has three kids, lives on benefits and because the kids have not been well brought up they are disruptive in school and dont fit in well with what is classed as normal behaviour. Result is mother gets paid to be a carer to her own children. they have no special needs ,they have just come to the attention of the social services and money gets thrown at them. I work an average of 50 hrs a week and get less than she does a month. Pissed off with it,yes .whos the mug, looks like me.

It's wrong worng fucking worng!! We have a rat problem in this country and I am not talking about the 4 legged kind.

1) Tougher regulation and investigation on those who claim to be long term sick (this seems to be the most common technique used by the work shy) to make sure only those who genuinely can not work get what they deserve.

2) Stop the crazy system that allows people who are not working to be better off than if they got a job-how did it come to this??

If the system is made so that even minimum wage jobs pay better than benefits then I am convinced any mentally/physically fit man or women could find a job within 1-4 months....

You started off spelling badly, then corrected yourself by simply copying and pasting someone else's words again.
You are my favourite poster on this site in the same way that "The Postman" starring Kevin Costner is a brilliant film.

Swales lives said:
brooklandsblue said:
kinkladze96 said:

RECESSION fuckwit

You started off spelling badly, then corrected yourself by simply copying and pasting someone else's words again.
You are my favourite poster on this site in the same way that "The Postman" starring Kevin Costner is a brilliant film.

maineman said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
the reason for the large "sick" numbers is becasue sick pays better than normal unemployed. the yanks are experimenting with limiting the length of time benefits apply and apparently it works.

It's a matter of balance. no reasonable person would not expect to support the needy but where is the sense in a system that creates a generation that is dependant solely on benefits. make it worthwhile to go to work and don't have benefits higher than the minimum you could earn by working. one way that does work is by having a flat tax system. I think the figures were that if we removed all the additional benefits over and above the standard unemployment benefit, made the personal allowance £10,000 and income tax 22% on all other earnings then we would actually raise more tax revenue.

Ronnie the Rep said:
maineman said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

It's a matter of balance. no reasonable person would not expect to support the needy but where is the sense in a system that creates a generation that is dependant solely on benefits. make it worthwhile to go to work and don't have benefits higher than the minimum you could earn by working. one way that does work is by having a flat tax system. I think the figures were that if we removed all the additional benefits over and above the standard unemployment benefit, made the personal allowance £10,000 and income tax 22% on all other earnings then we would actually raise more tax revenue.
RECESSION= not many jobs how do you propose it works now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.