Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For fucks sake, people hating on Mendy can just STFU. Put yourself in his shoes, you're a bored, injured millionaire footballer. You go out once and you get people jumping on your back like they own you. Give him a break he's human, he's not a robot. He's had 2 shit years of luck with injuries and for the most part has being nothing but dedicated. A few social media posts and a night out once doesn't give people the right to abuse him like this. Seriously people can we just calm down a little please?!

For fucks sake, people hating on Mendy can just STFU. Put yourself in his shoes, you're a bored, injured millionaire footballer. You go out once and you get people jumping on your back like they own you. Give him a break he's human, he's not a robot. He's had 2 shit years of luck with injuries and for the most part has being nothing but dedicated. A few social media posts and a night out once doesn't give people the right to abuse him like this. Seriously people can we just calm down a little please?!
No mate. Things are too positive. Quadruple? Sod that, where's the fun of we can't have a nice moan :-)

Old habits die hard. It's what makes us who we are

Don't get what the issue is, he wasn't in the squad that day because he's not ready yet, surely he's allowed to go out if he wants to.

I think people forget that being injured as a professional athlete is tough, it's a lonely place. You have to do rehabilitation on your own, light training on your own, eventually you're going to want to blow off some steam.

Granted being out in the early hours of the morning isn't great for recovery (affecting sleep schedule) but he probably had a day off on Sunday to rest. As far as I'm aware he doesn't drink either (may be wrong on that).

I get it's frustrating for fans because he's barely played and to some it doesn't 'look good' but as long as he's taking his rehab seriously and training properly then it seems fine to me.

Whether it's fine with Pep is what really matters though and I'd guess it's not what Pep wants to be seeing.

Last edited:
Don't like judging players given we don't know what's happened in training etc but I feel Mendy is a lost cause. Pep can publicly play it down quite well but he won't tolerate the kind of attitude he's shown. He can take a risk on him but I doubt he will. I sense there is a growing feeling he is a distracting influence and not a positive one. Chilwell is coming and Zinchenko will be his deputy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.