Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine those 90 minutes would have been a little harder on Mendy than other members of the team. Makes sense to me, that after such a serious injury and lengthy spell out in rehab, that his recovery may be extended in comparison to others.

Looks fantastic going forward but definitely not on the same level as the rest with the intricacies of Pep’s game IMO

I'd say it was promising. You can see what he brings, and hopefully as we and he improve, the lapses in possession will go. Which will cut out the defensive issues in terms of getting caught out.

Mixed bag at the back but what he offers going forward you get from no other full back. And his energy is amazing. He was sprinting up and down that left wing the full 90 minutes.

The worst two-assist display you’ll see anywhere

Don’t know if that’s a positive or negative

Despite his two assists, I thought only gundogan performed worse than him. He's not composed on the ball its really as simple as that. His first thought whenever he has the ball is to look up and run forward. There were a couple of times where he would get the ball, sterling will be free ahead in ares of space with just one defender left and instead of releasing it early to allow sterling to isolate the defender and drive at goal, he runs with the ball himself, waits till its too late and then passes. There's a lot he needs to learn in his game and it might take some time for him to go against his natural instinct of always bombing forward and I would honestly prefer delph at lb against the better teams where composure is needed especially with peps system where they are asked to come inside to help with ball retention/control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.