Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no doubt will. He's not really played for two seasons and is bound to be rusty .

yeah of course thats a factor..but what concerns me is that the mistakes we saw yesterday were the ones he was making prior to injury...nothing to do with his effort/application etc and going forward we know he is a danger.
but losing possession where he does at times (and he has been doing it since day one) caused us a number of problems yesterday -it made no difference to the outcome in a great performance by the team but against much better teams that will get punished and Pep knows it which is why he has talked about Mendy "needing to learn the way we play." (or something to that effect)

Well, I for one am glad to see him back. He really was excellent for Monaco and if he consistently plays without injury he's our first choice left back regardless of how well zinchencko has done. Going forward he's a different animal. Judge him at Christmas...IF he stays fit .

Mendy has a couple of problems, first is three left backs, the second is he is on the highest wage, I am taking nothing from his previous games as he never bedded in, so now till the end of the season he is like a new player. I can not for the life of me remember seeing Mendy and Sane play together? think Pep might have a job getting that to work

Mendy has a couple of problems, first is three left backs, the second is he is on the highest wage, I am taking nothing from his previous games as he never bedded in, so now till the end of the season he is like a new player. I can not for the life of me remember seeing Mendy and Sane play together? think Pep might have a job getting that to work

Started together just twice last season in the league 5-0 home win v Burnley, Mendy assisted Sane's goal in that one and then again in the 3-1 win away at Palace.

Maybe Pep should start Angelino & Mendy together next game. One as LB & the other as LW.

Both of them needs game time.

Maybe Pep should start Angelino & Mendy together next game. One as LB & the other as LW.

Both of them needs game time.

I am not sure that would happen as the natural attacking game of both players is similar. If they played together, one would need to play inside. I doubt either of them are good enough passers of the ball to play inside.

Slowly building up match fitness with another 30 minutes under his belt. Can't wait to see him at full tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.