Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course hoping its only a month or so... With international break on the horizon, not too bad except for Chelsea. Will be a push in the back for Delph who showed some promise yesterday and for young Zinch to make a place for himself albeit not his natural position.

Loving the Benji tweet.

Funnily enough, I was just coming on to post that surely the extent of the injury can't be known as yet, if it was a ruptured ACL we would know from scans here already, in which case he would be being booked in for surgery asap.

Not entirely true that we failed to prepare. Danilo was purchased because he can play either side and I reckon they were working on Delph as possible LB cover last season. I'm sure Fab made a cryptic comment last year that implied a different role for him (in addition to his usual midfield one). However, it does look like both the areas we were potentially vulnerable in the event of injury have become problems.

Not convinced that only having 3 full backs on the books was covering all eventualities, particularly not when, as we've already seen, the 3rd choice, Danilo, looks hugely uncomfortable going forward down the left flank. Presumably Mendy was bought specifically for the way he plays, so to have cover that can't play that same way, isn't evidence of great forethought in my book. We are little better at centre half either. Kompers has, to the surprise of no-one, succumbed to his calf problem already, and we are now an injury to Stones or Otamendi away from having one recognised central defender at our disposal (Tosin being not good enough for what would be asked of him IMO). We have a mammoth schedule ahead of us, so to leave ourselves so short is just sloppy in my book. It's not our fault that the market this summer was insane, but I spent most of it saying Van Dyke - or someone similar - should have been the priority, not Sanchez, and I stand by it

Fuckin love that he's slapped Castles down. He sounds a bit more optimistic than Pep, hope it's true.

xX4euCxV_normal.jpg
Benjamin Mendy

@benmendy23

Your bio says journalist so why you speak like graduated doctor ? no one has test to see if ruptured ACL or not, even I dont know lol
1f937-1f3ff-200d-2642-fe0f.png
https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/912944702089023488 …

12:26 PM - Sep 27, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.