Benjamin Mendy leaves City | Launches “multi-million-pound” claim against club over unpaid wages (p118)

Isn't there something akin to insurance, or the alleged victim liable? Don't see how City should pay. Or why. Losses have been had by all. City's reputation could also put a claim in. The best thing is that he speaks to the club, and they factor in bringing the club into disrepute etc. Most employers would put those facing legal action on gardening leave, but those held in prison and custody would be released? Seems a can of worms either way. If City pay, expect the 2024/25 seasoncards to increase...
I reckon it will be over him breaching the police conditions that’s resulted in the club refusing

Was obvious something like this was gonna happen, many will say who can blame him, many will think get fucked, but once he came away from that court case virtually scot free he has more than one leg to stand on now, just so happens it’s us, but we’d be saying I hope they get it if he was a player elsewhere, well I would

Would imagine he has a case. Depends what the ins and outs of his contract are but he did lose a lot of wages and he's not realistically going to get compensation from the women in question.

He wouldn't have been with us much longer anyway but if not for the court case he'd almost certainly be at a better club on higher wages than he is now, so I don't think it's bizarrely unreasonable for him to at least want to be paid for that time period.

Comes down to whether you think he's guilty and got lucky or if it was a mistake to charge him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.