Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hypothetical suggests the ability to win is directly proportional to the amount spent. It isn't.

If Alves, Walker Semedo and Karsdorp, and Conti are all ranked the 5 best RBs available. All 5 were members their respective leagues starting 11, while Alves was in the Champions League 11. The assumption is any of those 5 have a high chance winning you a treble.

Of those 5, Walker cost 45, Semedo 26.25, Conti 22.25, Karsdorp 13.5 and Alves free.

In determining which of those 5 is a bargain, there is no present scenario where Walker is the answer.

Same is the case for Mendy in comparison to other team of the season LBs who moved.

True, but since we dont have salary or fee caps in Football and FFP is not longer as significant for us, we're not really looking for bargains. Looking for players who will make us the best in Europe

True, but since we dont have salary or fee caps in Football and FFP is not longer as significant for us, we're not really looking for bargains. Looking for players who will make us the best in Europe
I absolutely agree. Hence why I told the original poster I responded to that there were lots of things one could call spending 85 million on fullbacks. But "bargain" wasn't One of them.

What are the chances that the Mendy move gets completed tomorrow w/ medical and everything? Does he immediately join the team in preparing to fly to the States on Monday?

There are lots of ways to describe 40 million for a fullback, unfortunately "bargain" isn't one of them. In this or any market.

Considering the report was Monaco demanding £55m when we supposedly first approached Mendy in April, and £50m right around last week, £40m is £15m less of their asking price. I'm just glad we weren't fleeced for the fees quoted in the past; not that Mendy isn't worth that fee anyway as based on his possible contribution to the team 55m is about right.

What are the chances that the Mendy move gets completed tomorrow w/ medical and everything? Does he immediately join the team in preparing to fly to the States on Monday?

I have a feeling it will get done today.

I just think Pep will want both fullbacks working with Vinny and John as soon as we arrive in Houston.

On whether they were bargains? No. if the rumors are true they will be the 2 most expensive fullbacks on history. Even if they turn out to be the 2 best fullbacks in the world at best, they'd have proven to be worth their expensive cost. But bargain? That's when you get something for cheaper than you should have.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around the most expensive players at their position being deemed bargains.

or where the quality is better than expected or paid - get over pricing players / positions it's folly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.