Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making his own way with his brother

5.jpg
just woke the gf up.

I think it's pretty clear that he's coming. The player wants to come. City want him to come. Monaco are willing to sell for the right price. It'll just be haggling over the pennies now.

I don't think that there's any fullback in Europe with better crossing than Mendy. He's exactly the sort of player that we need. Teams struggled to deal with our wingers when defending two on one last season. How will they cope with Sane and Walker or Sane and Mendy running at them? Should be a good season!

The Alves situation I believe was totally different. The planets were aligned with him, his Mrs and Paris. Plus add to that the wage offered by PSG, you can see why he back flipped. If the rumours are correct about Mendy, a few clubs have sniffed around without success, so it appears he really wants to come to City.

I think it's pretty clear that he's coming. The player wants to come. City want him to come. Monaco are willing to sell for the right price. It'll just be haggling over the pennies now.

I don't think that there's any fullback in Europe with better crossing than Mendy. He's exactly the sort of player that we need. Teams struggled to deal with our wingers when defending two on one last season. How will they cope with Sane and Walker or Sane and Mendy running at them? Should be a good season!
Who is he going to be crossing too though?

Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez, Silva, Bernardo, Sterling? I mean outside of Sane and to a lesser extent Debryune, our attacking players are vertically challenged.

I here a lot of talk about how great of a crosser Mendy. But I hear very little about who he'd be crossing to.

Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez, Silva, Bernardo, Sterling? I mean outside of Sane and to a lesser extent Debryune, our attacking players are vertically challenged.

I here a lot of talk about how great of a crosser Mendy. But I hear very little about who he'd be crossing to.

Two types of crosses: low and high. Sure we don't play with a target man, but from what I saw of Monaco last season in the champions league, a lot of Mendy's balls in from wide were crosses drilled in rather than floated high.

Aguero and Jesus, if you think it's just about height then you have it all wrong, we'd never have sold Dzeko if that was the case who was tall and could score for fun. Intelligent movement is the key, they can both score headers(although not every cross has to be a high one) that way and have proven so. Set pieces you'd have more of a point in but our defenders are big, physical as well as being very technical by PL standards, I want to see the likes of Stones and Otamendi taking a leaf out of Kompany's book, hopefully seeing him score after coming back like he did will have influenced them somewhat.

Last edited:

He'll be crossing into the box where they'll be four or five City players breaking into it. Last season Sane and Sterling had to stay wide because the fullbacks weren't good enough to get up and down and deliver quality.

This year, Sane and Sterling can come inside, which will give us far more numbers in the box.

Damn, so much for you using FM for your scouting (maybe FIFA). You would know about drilling crosses instead of floating crosses and near post crosses instead of far post crosses. Of course you'd also know that by watching football, but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.