Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always going to be expensive because Monaco have absolutely no need to sell him. They don't need the money, they've already sold players this summer and made more than enough, plus there is a real lack of quality fullbacks in world football. Same with Walker, both on long contracts, both at clubs with more than enough money so that they really aren't in need of the money so to buy them you have to offer something so high it makes it worth their while.
You cannot come on here talking such sense.

Happy with this signing, think he'll do very well but i also expect his defensive deficiencies to result in him getting a shit tonne of abuse on here from the idiot crowd just like Kolarov.

Must also mean we're sticking with just the 3 fullbacks then as we'd surely have brought in his cheaper alternative first before signing off on this otherwise that team could legitimately ask for a similar fee. Having just Mendy,Walker and Danilo for 2 crucial positions will prove to be a mistake imo. The second we see Fernandinho at fullback, we'll drop points.

Signing Mendy (and Walker, Danilo) is absolutely huge. Not only have we gigantically improved our FB positions. This will free Fernandinho to hopefully fully concentrate on being a DM/CM again. Which IMO could be our new "weak" spot. If Gundogan doesn't manage to stay fit.

Mendy and Walker supporting Sterling and Sane will be huge. It should be a huge boost for both the defence and attack.

Happy with this signing, think he'll do very well but i also expect his defensive deficiencies to result in him getting a shit tonne of abuse on here from the idiot crowd just like Kolarov.

Must also mean we're sticking with just the 3 fullbacks then as we'd surely have brought in his cheaper alternative first before signing off on this otherwise that team could legitimately ask for a similar fee. Having just Mendy,Walker and Danilo for 2 crucial positions will prove to be a mistake imo. The second we see Fernandinho at fullback, we'll drop points.
Might as well give up then.
If we can't go all season without dropping a point

I have no idea how anybody could suggest that we have overpaid. We are about to sign a 23 year old left back for around £50million. This left back potentially could be one of the brightest and best leftbacks in europe/the world for the next 5-10 years helping City to win the premier league/fa cup/league cup/champions league in the process. Much smarter people than us have assesed his progress and believe that this player is a cert. So considering what we will win with him at left back, £50mil is peanuts.

With Walker we knew what we were getting. A proven Premier League English defender. Hence the price.

Mendy? 52m? That's just stupid money. We are paying for our inadequate transfer policy of the last few years. Full backs, no matter who is your manager, are a necessity. 2 years ago we should have identified the fact that ours were getting on a bit. What did we do? Nothing.

I'm disgusted by the price if I'm honest.

With Walker we knew what we were getting. A proven Premier League English defender. Hence the price.

Mendy? 52m? That's just stupid money. We are paying for our inadequate transfer policy of the last few years. Full backs, no matter who is your manager, are a necessity. 2 years ago we should have identified the fact that ours were getting on a bit. What did we do? Nothing.

So using your budget (which is what btw), who should we have bought?

You are acting like the £52 mil is the price for a can of coke that you only consume once. Mendy will be our left back for upto 10 years. Its a bargin.

It's perceived lack of effort that saw Kolarov come in for stick, as long as he puts the effort in he should be avoid that.

Let's wait to see what happens by the end of the window before declaring we've made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.