Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wears 3 for france. Wore 15 with france before that. 15 is available with navas leaving. 6 is also available, as is 11.
Both Danilo and Mendy wore 23 for their clubs last season I believe,so given the short delay in announcing 3 for Danilo it would seem 23 is Mendy's choice.But there again he might have another number he favours!

Really excited about Mendy. We'll now have 3 quick, strong fullbacks.

This will take so much pressure off the central defenders. Part of the problem last year was our centre halves being isolated against counter attacks because our fullbacks simply didn't have the legs to get back to cover after getting caught miles down the pitch. This should get rid of that problem straight away.

It will also be nice to have a bit of height at fullback as well. The amount of times Zabba and ,in particular, Clichy were left 1 on 1 at the back post and were completely out jumped was soul destroying.

I know people are screaming for another centre half, (and I agree, we probably could do with a reliable back up for Vinny) but our defending as a unit should be considerably better just with the new fullbacks on board.

It almost midnight in LA.
They can do the announcement when they want. If it's all signed and delivered, they can schedule the announcement and following content. They'll have a time they want to announcement for maximum engagement, it's just a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.