Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this in other threads but the US is spoiled for choice in the amount of leagues we have access to. I like to be knowledgeable of other leagues outside of the PL and outside of just watching City so I can be aware of who's the next top prospect that could potentially improve us.

Here in the states City are one of the earliest games of the weekend so I can watch 2-3 other leagues before noon and go about the rest of my day, come home and watch the Brazilian or Argentinian leagues later on at night. There's also this cool new thing called DVR that helps a ton.

This is the amount I have access to legally:
Every club all season: PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Austrian Bundesliga, Belarusian & Slovenia leagues.
Most of the top clubs: Belgian, Brazilian, Argentinian leagues and Liga MX.

The EFL is featured a decent amount, especially the push for promotion + promotional playoffs but now they are rolling out something called ifollow so The Championship will be easier to follow over here.

If I never loved live games then USA seems the place to be

The Sessegnon comment was a pushback at the "he is young and thus will be worth the expensive price" trend that emerged in the prior few pages. Hence why I put an asterix. I was simply suggesing if we are going for potential, the 16 year old first teamer at Fulham sounds like better potential to me.

Now to the players Ive suggested in the past:
Lovren, yes in 2011 I believe he was abetter defender than Lescott. I still do. But better still, he was better than everyone we bought in that period. Savic, Nastacic, Demichelis, and then Mangala.

Amavi apparently is who Monaco is eyeing to replace Mendy. So make of that what you will. I thought Amavi was fantastic in France and was well on his way here until that injury. Amavi over Kolarov? I'd have taken that all day.

Nolito was never a player I pined for. I think I mentioned him once on a list of wingers not at top clubs we should look at. Never saw anything special in him, and was openly anti us buying him last summer. But that was more a fucntiom of me being an ageist and wanting more speed and guile on the wings.
As it turns out, I was wrong about Nolito, he is a better player than I gave him credit for. Even if he fell after Sane rose.

Boufal, yes I'm enamoured by his skill. And he was one of the 4 wingers I hoped City bought 3 of Asensio, Sane and Gabriel. As I thought we needed 4 skillful/ speedy wingers. 3 new ones plus Sterling. We got 2 of those 4 plus Nolito. Would probably have preferred Boufal.

Ghezal I believe was a retort to those who wanted us to go get Mahrez. I simply pointed out if its s Mahrez type player you want Ghexzal is a cheaper clone. Same way I suggested Gueye as a cheaper version of Kante. On both counts those opinions are still valied.

I purposely left Pastors for last, as this might be the one player who my expectations of fell terribly short. He finally got very good the last 2 years, but I was expecting David Silva like success from him. So on Pastore I raise my hand.

You don't have to go on this mad justification spree mate. I was just poking fun at the people who make up their knowledge of players based on literally a couple of games. You don't know how good they are based on that, of course you don't, nobody does.

If it makes you feel better, here were my picks for the top in 2010:

Luiz and Di Maria from Benfica
Jovetic from Fiorentina
Balotelli from Inter
Mbia from Marseille
Breno from Munich

200.gif

Haha appropriate

You don't have to go on this mad justification spree mate. I was just poking fun at the people who make up their knowledge of players based on literally a couple of games. You don't know how good they are based on that, of course you don't, nobody does.

If it makes you feel better, here were my picks for the top in 2010:

Luiz and Di Maria from Benfica
Jovetic from Fiorentina
Balotelli from Inter
Mbia from Marseille
Breno from Munich

I was right up for us having Jovetic.

The pros 'knowing more about football' line is skating on very thin ice.

It suggests that when we listen to Glen Hoddle or Ray Wilkins & think they are talking complete shite, we are actually wrong.

Where you from mate?

originally from Marseille region(i m a Marseille fan) but have been living abroad for a long time, due to my work have to follow foot very closely(especially french one)
and have seen any matches of mendy last year(he massively improved under Bielsa with us) and even further with Marseille
i really think he will suit your system, and probably the best LB on the market right now
mendy is definitely a top3/4 Monaco players, you already got one with B.Silva
i really hope he chose city , best club for him imo right now, he will have a spot (secured) plus , which is crucial before the WC
french reports are saying that he chose City , hopefully it will be official tomorrow
Mbappe was at rolland garros today so maybe few monaco players including Mendy were in Paris

It's a 1 hour flight. No reason why he would be in Manchester tonight if he's planning on coming tomorrow.

I didn't say "if he's planning on coming tomorrow" though, did I?

I said if there's going to be an announcement, and we know that Bernardo Silva was in a medical at 9am friday morning after staying the night in manchester and the paperwork and media was only completely at 8pm.

So if he's waking up in Paris he won't be announced tomorrow unless his deal is going to take much less time than Silva's for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.