Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hypothetical suggests the ability to win is directly proportional to the amount spent. It isn't.

If Alves, Walker Semedo and Karsdorp, and Conti are all ranked the 5 best RBs available. All 5 were members their respective leagues starting 11, while Alves was in the Champions League 11. The assumption is any of those 5 have a high chance winning you a treble.

Of those 5, Walker cost 45, Semedo 26.25, Conti 22.25, Karsdorp 13.5 and Alves free.

In determining which of those 5 is a bargain, there is no present scenario where Walker is the answer.

Same is the case for Mendy in comparison to other team of the season LBs who moved.

Value is determined in retrospect. £80m for Ronaldo in 2009 is still, by far the best £80m anyone has ever spent on a player. At the time it was not, in any way, a bargain.

Value is determined in retrospect. £80m for Ronaldo in 2009 is still, by far the best £80m anyone has ever spent on a player. At the time it was not, in any way, a bargain.
Sure value is. Bargain on the other hand Is compared to similar items at the time of purchase. The expectation when Madrid paid 80 million for Ronaldo was that he'd continue to be one the best player in the world. Hence why they paid more for him than anyone else had ever been paid befor. He has been worth every penny and more. But it was still not a bargain. That was the price for the most expensive player in the world at the time.

If I buy the most expensive car in the world. The fact that it has more bells and whistles than any other car doesn't make it a bargain. Its supposed too. That's why I paid so much more in the first place. Yes my car might have greater resale value (an analogy not true of Walker by the way) or perhaps get me. a date with the hot girl I wanted ( this analogy does) but this won't make it a bargain. It would simply make it valuable. I

A worthy deal if I achieve my objectives? Absolutely! A bargain? Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.