benjani and bellamy upfront vs rags

n_mcfc said:
salfordpaul said:
like it!! best we can hope for...maybe bring tevez on in a cameo at half time to lift spirits!

That's the team I'd go with too.

Likewise. When we have the ball we become a 4-3-3 formation. When defending it is a 4-1-4-1.

Personally I think City should just aim not to concede and wait for a quick break if it comes. Spoil the fucking game and take either a draw or a lucky 1-0. We've got the holding players and defence to frustrate Rooney and the rest. With the win v Arsenal a point would be excellent, and still a game in hand. Shape and patience are the key to Sunday given the lack of options upfront. We can still hurt them from set pieces with JL and MR and Bellamy and SWP's pace will be in their minds all afternoon. Lets see if we have matured enough for a classic backs to the wall away game with lightening breaks when the opp arises!

BillyMC said:
Personally I think City should just aim not to concede and wait for a quick break if it comes. Spoil the fucking game and take either a draw or a lucky 1-0. We've got the holding players and defence to frustrate Rooney and the rest. With the win v Arsenal a point would be excellent, and still a game in hand. Shape and patience are the key to Sunday given the lack of options upfront. We can still hurt them from set pieces with JL and MR and Bellamy and SWP's pace will be in their minds all afternoon. Lets see if we have matured enough for a classic backs to the wall away game with lightening breaks when the opp arises!

a 70s liverpool side performance u mean?

celf said:
BillyMC said:

a 70s liverpool side performance u mean?

Spot on...how many times did you see that!

Aye. Stifle them, especially grannyshagger, and look to hit them on the break. Will need to keep possession well though, couldn't handle 90 minutes of us facing wave after wave from the red tw@ts. Bound to get a penalty or a stuffy goal. If, god forbid, we're one down with 10 or 15 to play, then how about Zab on at RB, Richards up front to give us a target and cause some mayhem? Assuming RSC and Tev take no part. Hmmmm......time I took my medication methinks.

BillyMC said:
Thats what every other team does against them, doesn't work very well. Best way to beat United is to take them on and score goals.

How many times have we seen a team go 1-0 up then have United score 2 or 3? Happens near on every week.

blue jim said:
BillyMC said:
Thats what every other team does against them, doesn't work very well. Best way to beat United is to take them on and score goals.

How many times have we seen a team go 1-0 up then have United score 2 or 3? Happens near on every week.

We dont have the attacking options to take them on on Sunday, and other teams dont have the midfield that we can put out, hence my comments. Full strength I would agree with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.