Bent ref

billfromthehill

102 mins tonight Spain v Italy free kick given for blatant dive right in front of Howard web .
I am now completley convinced these officials can be got at its just so obvious to me

If it is the Pirlo/Iniesta incident, I thought Webb got it spot on. Pirlo just caught Iniesta's leg as he was getting away from him.

billfromthehill said:
102 mins tonight Spain v Italy free kick given for blatant dive right in front of Howard web .
I am now completley convinced these officials can be got at its just so obvious to me

One wrong decision in your eyes after 102 mins of football and the ref is corrupt.

Webb and the officials were excellent tonight.

Cannot agree ain't got play back ATM but look at him I like that ref 90% of the ssn but he is bang on the spot ?
If I've missed a better angle of it fair play but let's see!!

Every match throughout the history of football the ref must make on average 15-20 wrong decisions by the letter of the law. The fact they don't have the luxury of the replay and players diving, cheating and protesting at every opportunity they can get is a big reason I do not scream at the telly every time a ref makes a mistake, it's part of football and part of the reason we love it. We should cut the slack on Referees in this country.

I wasn't paying complete attention for the entire game but if I remember rightly, that was the only decent mistake he made.
They're human, they make mistakes.
I've seen far worse ones to say the least. Players go out of their way to try and fool them and they don't have the luxury of watching it again like we do.

They are up against top class players with loads of experience, in a tough environment, trying to ref players who go out of their way to try and fool the ref, being watched and judged by millions. These modern footballers spend about as much time doing that as they do trying to score a goal at times.
From first look I thought it was a free. The player fooled him. Simple as that.

Refs might be shockingly poor at times, but somebody needs to do their job. Slate a ref when they do a bad job, fine, but I think they do need to be praised when they do a good job. Which I think they did tonight.
Refs get it bad at times, and sometimes deservedly so, but one mistake in a match that went to extra time and penalties, in a semi final, with a lot riding on the game, isn't a bad return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.