Berlin

I've been over a couple of time in the past 6 months or so. Mrs Hef's brother now lives there

I can't give you specifics of where to go but he lives in Hackescher Markt and there are plenty of bars restaurants and shops around there. On a wider point, the transport network is brilliant so if you need to get around, it's pretty straightforward once you get your head around it

PS - if you get chance, get to a Hertha game. The Olympic Stadium is brilliant
thanks mate, we are a couple of hundred yards from Hackescher Market so that sounds good. I did notice a couple of what look like good bars round there on google map. Ha, think that would be pushing it - the wife loves City but other teams not so much!

thanks mate, we are a couple of hundred yards from Hackescher Market so that sounds good. I did notice a couple of what look like good bars round there on google map. Ha, think that would be pushing it - the wife loves City but other teams not so much!

We go to a nice bar, I think its on the opposite road to Hugo Boss. It does nice cocktails and a decent lunch menu. I think it is run by Australians. We were in there on a Sunday morning and I don't think the some staff had been to bed - they looked wrecked. Very good, though

Re Hertha. You can get off at the stadium and the missus can carry on to Spandau, which is supposed to be good

Union Berlin are a bit more like it.

Loved that city. Mitte for bars (one litre Stein in a great sports venue), Currywurst and just riding around on the U-bahn. Berlin was great!

A visit to the reichstag is free if you book a couple of months in advance and provide passport details

Brilliant City to visit, the zoo has been mentioned already but the Aquarium which can be visited in its own right is well worth half a day with the kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.