Berlusconi

Chippy_boy said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
I said this right at the start of the whole transfer saga, don’t rule out the possibility that Berlusconi might be using it as a PR stunt, I think City were used big time, we had the genuine intention of bringing Kaka to Coms,I don’t believe they had the genuine intention sell.

I don't see it was being as black and white as that. From my point of view, they certainly went into it wanting to sell and we were genuinely wanting to buy.

But in life, events and negotiations don't always go as you hope or plan. They started to get cold feet because of the fans' and media reaction. So they were obviously pulling away rather than moving closer. And unfortunately, instead of us working harder to bridge the emotional gap, we were pulling away as well, trying to engineer a "joint venture in areas that would take this club on to a different platform" (Cook's words), rather than hand over the cash.

So both sides were moving in the wrong direction for a deal to happen.
Sorry I disagree, prior to the delegation travelling to Milan figures were quoted and accepted by both parties.

The fact that the ensuing negotiations broke down is because Milan moved the goal posts to such an extent to ensure negotiations broke down.

Total cop out.

Off course the story released to the media is a break down in negotiations, when the reality is City had already offered lets say £103,000 000 and Milan had provisionally accepted this offer, that’s why the delegation travelled to Milan, yet when arriving there they get quoted lets say £200 000 000, obviously City were going to say thanks but no thanks.

Berlusconi choreographed the entire days events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.