bernard halford

mcfcphil

Great moment to see him receive a medal on Saturday and have his moment lifting the cup.
I just wonder if he’ll ever publish his memoirs? It would be an absolutely magnificent read and insight into everything that’s happened in the past 40 years (no offence gary james – I like your books too). The stuff he must know about must be unbelievable.
So if you read bluemoon Bernard – please get writing!!!

Having known Bernard for about 25 years I can confirm he's a top bloke who has sweated blood for our club, it was a wonderful gesture for him to go up for the Cup. So well deserved.

I've never understood how he as stayed at the club? he was Swales No 2 and yet as stayed at the club with all the changes in the boardroom, is he the guy that really runs the club ? a bit like the cancer man in the Xfiles

He is a true City legend, I'll always remember that football documentary where he got David James to sign his contract in the children's restaurant at Manchester Airport!

An absolute gentleman.
Fantastic gesture by City.
What a man!
What a Club!

One of the standout moments of the day for me.

And now the trophy room has something a little more flashy than the china cow ornament! That was one of the saddest parts of Blue Moon Rising, seeing Bernard holding the bleeding pot cow.

NSBFL said:
And now the trophy room has something a little more flashy than the china cow ornament! That was one of the saddest parts of Blue Moon Rising, seeing Bernard holding the bleeding pot cow.

Not only that, but during the film Bernard says, with a tinge of emotion, that he hopes that he is still alive when City win their next silverware.

Having watched the coverage last night there felt something deeply symbolic and Bernard lifting the FA Cup. It felt like the end of an era, and the start of another.

kev20971 said:
I've never understood how he as stayed at the club? he was Swales No 2 and yet as stayed at the club with all the changes in the boardroom, is he the guy that really runs the club ? a bit like the cancer man in the Xfiles

Clearly you no nothing about Bernard or his role at the club. Still don't let the truth get in the way of a dubious imagination. He was not Swales number 2 he was Club secretary, he played a major role in the day to day running of the club and did a fantastic job. He retired just over a year ago(ish) but went back to help out when his successor was with child(she's a lady!).
The truest of true Blues, he is a top man. a wonderful gesture by the Club and FA.

Yes , Bernard deserved his moment in the sun , he's waited long enough for it ....... and he's put up with some right crap down the years , as have a lot of us !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.