bernard halford

Totally agree - great gesture by the club - was really pleased when I saw him walking up the steps to lift the cup. I remember contacting the club back in the day when some mix up meant I couldn't get a ticket for game - only to get a personal phone call from Bernard who apologised and said he'd sort me a free ticket. He met me personally at Maine Road to hand it over.

JimmyFrizz said:
Totally agree - great gesture by the club - was really pleased when I saw him walking up the steps to lift the cup. I remember contacting the club back in the day when some mix up meant I couldn't get a ticket for game - only to get a personal phone call from Bernard who apologised and said he'd sort me a free ticket. He met me personally at Maine Road to hand it over.

Yes I had to contact him a couple of times over tickets and he was always extremely helpful. Great to see him get his moment in the spotlight.

Bernard is Mr Manchester City!! The man is the truest of blues and just oozes class.
I was lucky enough to share a table with him and his lovely wife at a function a few years ago and it was like having a night out with lifelong friends, very friendly and down to earth people and a good laugh too.
In our conversation his wife told me that Bernard had only missed a couple of games in the last 20 odd years and also had only missed a few reserve games (because they clashed with first team games) which I think is amazing dedication and support !!

But how many loyalty points as he got? :D

J/K

As I already said in the other 'who was that man?' thread: Great bloke and has real blue blood!

I met Bernard last year through work, you want to see the memorabilia he has in his house it's like City through the years the pics of him and players from days gone by to present day, he's even got a signed shirt personally signed by Pele. He was an absolute gent and his wife was lovely as well, so glad to see him climb those steps.

My Gran knows him very well after working with him at City for so long. Apparently I've met him when I was very small but I don't remember too well.

Everyone I've ever heard speak about him has has nothing bad to say. The one thing my Gran always says is "Wonderful Man". I was so pleased to see him up there with the cup and jumping around afterward :)

Something you might not know about (but I only discovered earlier today whilst watching the ESPN coverage again) is that the FA have made him his own special FA Cup medal which Agent Bernstein gave him on Saturday, for recognition of his services to Manchester City.
Brilliant.
I was chuffed to see him lift the cup on Saturday too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.