Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to toughen up like his namesake did, as previously stated he is never a wide man , hopefully next season it will all come together, can’t seem to adapt to the pace and physical side of English football

His crossing from wide areas is amazing. Really nice to have three of the best crossers in world football (him, KDB, Mendy) with each one having his own crossing technique. Very hard for opponents to cope with.

Thought he was alright myself, he has such control of the ball.

He will improve given time but he has given some good moments!!

Whenever you guys feel bad about him, just watchthis video

Give him a run of games in CM/CAM position and watch him flourish

With cup games, when the team is rotated and everyone's struggling, all I can really ask is that someone produces a match-winning moment. That cross was excellent. It's in the games when he's part of a full-strength team that he needs to perform and he's usually done that (Swansea, Bournemouth, Spurs, Burnley).

A goal and an assist in his last two games and both when supposedly not playing well. Given time he will become world-class.

B. Silva is class - trouble is, he has a habit of going over at the slightest contact - in France/Portugal, such contact would almost always be adjudged a foul. Not so, in the P/L.

B. Silva is adjusting. Once he learns to cope with the physicality, he'll be a huge asset to our side, though I'm not sure he fits well at winger.

Pace on the wing seems to benefit our side much more than deft play -playing more centrally is where I think B. Silva will end up.

He's got his strengths and is slowly adapting to the Prem but my worry is his shooting is very weak and he is one sided ( left).
Fundamentally I can't see this changing but with a bit of old fashioned work in training I'm sure his shooting ability ( particularly on his stronger side) could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.