Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fan's irritation with the FA and media response to the Bernardo tweet is not because we don't care about racism, but rather because the entire affair is sensationalist and tokenistic. These same media were the ones that demonised Sterling for 2-3 years and who fill their papers with scare stories about immigration and Islam.

Bernardo's deletion of the tweet, and his subsequent apology and assurance there was no racist intent should have been enough but the problem is that the foundation of the FA's anti-racism strategy is tokenism. Don't reference colour. Some black people including those associated with Kick it Out associate themselves with this approach, but many other black people completely reject this. It is the liberal lobby's approach to fighting racism. Well-intentioned it maybe, but it's completely ineffective. For example propagandists like the Daily Mail would be perfectly able to implement an equal opportunity policy, and at the same time obsess about crime and immigration.

Yes they can. The FA is duty bound to investigate what went on. There has been a report of wrongdoing, so they should start their investigation by asking both clubs what happenef. City would then have to tell them, without breaking any confidentiality agreement with Liverpool because their governing body is asking the questions.

What The FA are doing is ignoring the issue, which is wrong.

And how do you know that didnt happen, and the 2 clubs who kept this secret for 6 and a half years decided to just keep it a secret?

City don't want an investigation. That's painfully fucking clear from the way they, you know, kept it secret for 6 years and didn't report it to get investigated.

You should always use the word "black" to describe people of West Indian or African origin. The word coloured is derogatory.

But I heard a black (actually brown) person use the word colour when describing themselves. I can't remember the exact programme and it was from several years back but the word 'colour' (or coloured) was used. We used to say coloured too and would never have dreamed it would cause offence as it was always said in a positive way without any negatives attached - why should there be? Just wondering if using the word negatives is anti-white, I really don't know anymore....

1) I haven't said those people look like any of those people
2) Tintin isn't, as has been said many many times, a character based on a racist stereotype.
1) doesn’t matter what you’ve said when we have a banner comparing them.

2) and? It’s a character Silva knows and is still sold in Portugal. How’s he to know what would upset the professionally offended if Twitter?

And thus we go round and round in circles.

..... and there lies the bias broadcasting media's problem.

This is going to bite them on their arse.
It may do. However, it may also completely piss off people like Guardiola and Bernardo to the extent that they leave. We also have the problem that the team has to play football under this pressure and scrutiny which is not easy.

City fans will of course be motivated and the players too I am sure will be angry that a very popular teammate has been very unfairly targeted, but that does not necessarily mean that City's performances will improve.

Darren Huckerbys take on it........

"Is the Bernardo Silva tweet really a racist act? Or a misjudged bit of banter between teammates? Heard and seen 100's of things worse in every changing room I've been in, nobody battered a eyelid !"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.