Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on redcafe just posted video of silva again joking with mendy, saying hes naked becasue he was wearing a black tshirt and black shorts. I assume all the vids are gonna come out of the woodwork now. Silly from silva in the day and age, crazy how naive he is.

Uneducated or racist, stupid post either way.
Bollocks, there’s nothing racist about that, it’s like tweeting a picture of a young Paul Scholes next to picture of
Called Sweep at that’s how one would pronounce his initials.

Why else?
it was more of an example how those that want to find racism that’s not there can do so, like Bernie’s tweet absolutely no racism intended.

it was more of an example how those that want to find racism that’s not there can do so, like Bernie’s tweet absolutely no racism intended.
Ok cool, but I still can’t think of a possible racist connection to ‘Sweep’ other than perhaps “Sooty and Sweep” from kids tv when I was little but that’s tenuous at best.

Bollocks, there’s nothing racist about that, it’s like tweeting a picture of a young Paul Scholes next to picture of

That’s why I said racist or uneducated, maybe just naivety. He’s posted stuff like this before like the video mentioned above, it’s just not a very well thought out thing to post when we’re trying to get racism out of football.

Ok cool, but I still can’t think of a possible racist connection to ‘Sweep’ other than perhaps “Sooty and Sweep” from kids tv when I was little but that’s tenuous at best.
Anyone of my generation (kid in the sixties) would immediately think of Sweep from that show, Sooty was yellow and I think Sweep was meant to be brown. As I said I know for sure it was Shaun’s initials but it could be tenuously linked to racism if anyone really wanted to. It wasn’t a dig at your username:-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.