Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could put it in a factual way.

We're talking about a player who has a dream to play for Barcelona and who has family in Portugal that he'd like to be closer to. He can see them more now but it's still quite a trip in comparison to travelling from Barcelona. He's been through a lockdown in an apartment in Manchester which was clearly very difficult for him. I know loads of people who have moved jobs or homes because of missing loved ones through the pandemic.

At no point has his attitude been a problem, nor his performances for City. If that was an issue then he'd have already gone. It's silly to keep players against their will, it never ends well. He'd either stink out the dressing room or leave on a free after rotting on the bench for a while. It doesn't do us any favours and leads to other players being reluctant to sign long-term contracts or sign for City at all.
Again, i agree.

But this is not new information, and all parties involved have known about the situation for a while.

Barcelona, us, and Bernardo and his dickhead agent.

This is where i have a problem with our position.

Because it forces to say yes, which we've said, but then left on stand by until these dramas are solved.

Given the current market, he should have been offered 1st day of the transfer window, replaced and done deal. But no. Here we are, two years into this, reading shit ESPN articles about how we already know what he wants. But he'll still play, but he wants to go, but he'll give it his best. But he wants to go. But Barca have to pay, but he wants to go.

Get my point?

Again, i agree.

But this is not new information, and all parties involved have known about the situation for a while.

Because it forces to say yes, which we've said, but then left on stand by until these dramas are solved.

Given the current market, he should have been offered 1st day of the transfer window, replaced and done deal. But no. Here we are, two years into this, reading shit ESPN articles about how we already know what he wants. But he'll still play, but he wants to go, but he'll give it his best. But he wants to go. But Barca have to pay, but he wants to go.

Get my point?
So what we know the situation , the club know the situaion, the club will be prepared for the situation. I have nothing to worry about and anyway doubt he's going anywhere this summer.

Again, i agree.

Get my point?
Bernardo can't go to Barca on the 1st day of the window because they dont have the money to give us. I am sure we have a list of replacement players should he go but as it stands he is still here, he is training and match fit. Pep clearly has no issue with him or he would have frozen him out.

Bernardo isn't going to force this and put in a transfer request or go on strike. So he has put his head down and carried on working. If Barcelona magic up the cash and the deal is on the table then Bernardo will be happy, City will have had their valuation met and its all sorted. Problem solved.

Again, i agree.

Get my point?

I dare say every employer knows that if their employee gets a better offer, or even an offer they like the look of, they are likely to go for it, if they can't be convinced to stay. Till then, they work and contribute in ways they are capable, professional and motivared to do so. Don't see an issue with it.

Again, i agree.

Get my point?

This fucking nonsense about wanting to go but picking only Barca gives Barca the advantage just like Gabby and Sterling. The tail is wagging the fucking dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.