Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s tiresome too. Not because of BSilva but of the situation. he is now repeating himself.

He is a very world class player, Jorge Mendes is one of the biggest man in football and we don’t do a Levy but accept reasonable fees.

So why can’t these three powerful entities resolve this ? Is one of them being unreasonable ?

We obviously wanted circa £80/100mil last summer, but at 29 with 2 years left on deal and the way this is now being played out I’d expect us to end up with about £50mil.

I’ve got to the stage with Bernardo that he needs to now either put a transfer request in and say he is going or sign the contract . Can’t be doing with all the his krypton factor cryptic message bulshit that they all do .

Absolutely. I’ve always been sympathetic to his reasons for wanting to leave, but this has been going out for 2/3 years now. It’s never sensible to keep a player against his wishes for too long.

What can you do?

If nobody is willing or able to pay the fee and the player is still working their arse off and producing the goods on the pitch then I don't see many options other than flogging him for cheap or loaning him out while his contract runs down and that isn't really beneficial for us.

I'll be interested to see what happens this summer because Barca were the most likely and I'm not sure they've got a big enough hole in the first team anymore to justify the move.

He’s got nowhere to go though as he realistically? Barca can’t afford him, Madrid don’t need him?

I actually think Real Madrid would love him to replace Modric... and on cut price deal or free you can bet they'd be all over it.
Being that hard working skillful player who can make space for others like none of their current midfielders can except Modric, or even slow the game down when needed if things are getting hectic in the middle, he'll be the perfect Yang to the youngsters they've recently signed in midfield.

By the summer Modric will need properly replacing even if he's slowly phased out next season, even if Bernardo stays another year here (however unlikely that is) then he'll be available for free, both Modric and Kroos will probably be gone by then and Real will need to replace both.
Those kids they've signed are grafters sure but Real will need a bit more technical quality in the middle of the park as well, personality I think Bernardo makes sense for them and their style whether or not it happens.

Obviously I'd prefer he stayed here if they're just out of context comments but he needs to stop giving these daft interviews, if he's off then he has his own personal reasons which can be understood, whatever his decision I'll wish him well as long as he does shite whenever he returns with another team haha.

I think City should probably call time on this in the summer - it obvious he wants out, the negative messages are not good - despite Bernardo being very professional - you want a group of players who all want to be here - 100 percent. I’d sooner we took €60 to €70m next summer than lose him for free - I’m sure we can do some sort of swap for a player with a Spanish club. Bernardo is my favourite City player and I’d love him to stay but he’s given us good service and the rumours of him wanting out are an unnecessary distraction so we should let him depart (for a deal that works for us as a club) with our blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.