Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can easily reject both bids if it doesn't suit us in any way not just on valuation. Even with Gvardiol we still need to sign a replacement for Walker. Bernardo is not easily to replace either. Pavard is good choice but I doubt he he wants to play as a RB in our team or he is even on our shortlist.

Last edited:
Odd conclusion from that.

All the talk of "proper offers" just screams to me that Bernardo and Walker will happily leave if a deal can be reached, despite us wanting to keep them. The issue at the moment is Bayern / Barca not stumping up anything near what it would take for us to sell.

There would be no talk of "proper offers" if Walker and Bernardo weren't thinking about an exit.
Exactly. Never mind inviting them to make a ‘proper offer’ so the CEO’s can sit down and talk, what we should be saying is “Sorry, he ain’t leaving this summer, so take your begging bowl and your carefully orchestrated media campaign, shove ‘em up your arse and fuck off while you’re doing it, you Creme Catalana eating cnuts……”

I agree, but he doesn’t get on enough set pieces and has played left back a few times! It’s not hard to see we utilise his best talents properly, thus negating his output when it comes to goals & assists, we saw last season when played in a consistent forward positions he does the business, if he played LW for an entire season he’d get between 15-20 goals and double figure assists
Spot on , Comparing his stat to kdb is just weird.

Gonna be hated for this but fuck it...

A man of his undoubted talent should score more goals and probably be just short of KDB on the assists front.
unfortunately Bernie's being used as a "water carrier" in the team. He's so much better than that but I guess sacrifices have to ge made for the team setup. With Gundo no longer here,I expect Bernie to play with a lot more freedom this coming season. He needs to shine this coming season.

Interestingly, in the UCL games against Bayern and Madrid he enjoyed playing in the less restricted free role as opposed to the more overlapping defensive role he normally plays in most pl games.

unfortunately Bernie's being used as a "water carrier" in the team. He's so much better than that but I guess sacrifices have to ge made for the team setup. With Gundo no longer here,I expect Bernie to play with a lot more freedom this coming season. He needs to shine this coming season.

Interestingly, in the UCL games against Bayern and Madrid he enjoyed playing in the less restricted free role as opposed to the more overlapping defensive role he normally plays in most pl games.
I love him, I would just love to see him score more, he has it in him to hit a lot of goals imo

who is the most Bernardo-ish player on the market right now btw?
its quite a unique combination he has, top level technician, brutal workrate, able to play in multiple positions, can set up goals, can score a few too, good in counters, good in possession, not injury prone, plus understands and can deliver whatever high level instruction are set out by Pep to him.

but who is similar to him we could potentially bring in if we would want to do like for like?
and why would we be charged 120m for for that player lol when rumours about selling him for 60ish ...

hard part is we are not really looking wingers but more like all around midfielders which is brutally rare. he played fullback and false 9 too in his time under pep. :)
I struggle to even name a few players any similar to him.

Gnabry, Coman etc dont even come close to him.

Does it look like Bernie is likely to leave now? Been out most of the day so trying to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.