Best acoustic guitar songs

Joni was a fantastic singer song writer, but underestimated as a guitarist perhaps.
She had unusual chord choices and finger picking in a lot of her work.

Always loved this though.

She was also incredibly easy to look at. But we none of us noticed that, did we?
God, but she was a beauty… she knew it, too.

Good shout outs for Nick Drake. He still remains a cult figure, but for the brief period that he was around, what a shooting star.

My choice? Don't suppose too many on here will have been old enough to see him live in tiny venues, when he just played his acoustic guitar and kept us all enthralled with long, rambling commentaries that were always somehow interesting: Al Stewart. I swear that I saw him in a room, literally, with about fifteen to twenty other people, tops, at Owens Park hall of residence, in what must have been the dining hall, I suppose. We were sat on the dining room chairs (the tables had been cleared, as I remember it), him sat on another a few yards in front of us. No special lights, no amplification, just him, just the guitar. I calculate that this must have been either Christmas 1969 or sometime early in 1970.
I've never been able to track the record of this gig down. But I didn't hallucinate it.
I could pick out many pieces from those early years. But more than fifty years later, “Manuscript” remains a masterpiece. I listen to it regularly. For the lyrics as much as for the music.
Give it a try.

She was also incredibly easy to look at. But we none of us noticed that, did we?
God, but she was a beauty… she knew it, too.

Good shout outs for Nick Drake. He still remains a cult figure, but for the brief period that he was around, what a shooting star.

My choice? Don't suppose too many on here will have been old enough to see him live in tiny venues, when he just played his acoustic guitar and kept us all enthralled with long, rambling commentaries that were always somehow interesting: Al Stewart. I swear that I saw him in a room, literally, with about fifteen to twenty other people, tops, at Owens Park hall of residence, in what must have been the dining hall, I suppose. We were sat on the dining room chairs (the tables had been cleared, as I remember it), him sat on another a few yards in front of us. No special lights, no amplification, just him, just the guitar. I calculate that this must have been either Christmas 1969 or sometime early in 1970.
I've never been able to track the record of this gig down. But I didn't hallucinate it.
I could pick out many pieces from those early years. But more than fifty years later, “Manuscript” remains a masterpiece. I listen to it regularly. For the lyrics as much as for the music.
Give it a try.
I saw him here in Dublin.
One of my all time favourites is Past, Present and Future.
What an album. What a song writer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.