Best Album Of The Year (so far)?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
supersoph said:
Agreed.

Their first album was good. Ish.
Then they went "mainstream" and "emo" got popular. Now it's all a big joke.

"Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" was ok,but the stuff since is cliched drivel for rebellious teenagers.
Music to self-harm to.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to....just couldn't remember the name of it!

supersoph said:
supersoph said:
Agreed.

Their first album was good. Ish.
Then they went "mainstream" and "emo" got popular. Now it's all a big joke.

"Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" was ok,but the stuff since is cliched drivel for rebellious teenagers.
Music to self-harm to.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to....just couldn't remember the name of it!

No not "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" that was there second one, the first one was bullets...

Also rebellious teenages? I dont think there music was aimed at anyone over the age of 21 at any point, there music was aimed at teenagers since they were created

supersoph said:
Ah....OK.

The MCR album is just "The Black Parade"....and it was released in 2006.

So it wasn't me being a slow!!

Think "The Black Parade Is Dead"is the DVD.
Equally awful.

Have you even seen it?
If so if its as equally awful as 'The Black Parade' why go out and buy it and watch it or waste time in watching it?

mills-mcfc said:
Have you even seen it?
If so if its as equally awful as 'The Black Parade' why go out and buy it and watch it or waste time in watching it?

Why? like you said...the whole concept of the band was aimed at teenagers.
I was 16 when Bullets was released, and I liked the album - and still do, a bit.

Three Cheers was good as well, but TBP was just dire. Maybe because I'm 22 now & have seen the whole "emo" thing evolve from where it started as I was kind of around the scene for a while until I realised how ridiculous it was.
It's pretty much gone from a term used to describe bands like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Thursday etc...to a completely OTT "scene" where it's now a competition as to who has the most ridiculous hair, skinniest jeans or the newest Bring Me The Horizon tee.

Not for me, i'm afraid.

[/rant]

BTâ„¢ said:
Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark

i've not heard it so cant comment, but if it is it says lot about todays music
i wouldn't think it would be anything radically different from what he has done previously

supersoph said:
mills-mcfc said:
Have you even seen it?

Why? like you said...the whole concept of the band was aimed at teenagers.
I was 16 when Bullets was released, and I liked the album - and still do, a bit.

Three Cheers was good as well, but TBP was just dire. Maybe because I'm 22 now & have seen the whole "emo" thing evolve from where it started as I was kind of around the scene for a while until I realised how ridiculous it was.
It's pretty much gone from a term used to describe bands like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Thursday etc...to a completely OTT "scene" where it's now a competition as to who has the most ridiculous hair, skinniest jeans or the newest Bring Me The Horizon tee.

Not for me, i'm afraid.

[/rant]

Bullets could be my favourite album of theres, how old were u when u bought it though? 16? teenager? could you picture a man or woman aged 30 going buying that style of music? i cnt

No.

I don't understand what you're trying to say...you're telling me that the band is aimed at teenagers & that 30 year olds won't enjoy it, yet you then tell us that the new DVD/CD thing is good and that we should buy it.

How old are you, out of interest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.