Best All-English City XI

One of the best English players of the last 20 years is definitely SWP.
'Shauny Wright Wright Wright' was part of the Keegan promotion team and played his part in the initial years after the take over before the trophies really 'kicked in'. Without doubt also our outstanding player of the first couple of years at COMS (as it was).
Certainly I'm not the first person to say this but would have loved it (really loved it!) to have seen him in a Pep City team.
He was right up there in his prime, one of the best wingers in the world in my opinion, only kept out of the Chelsea team due to Robben, who is right up there with the best of the last 30 years. Every time he got the ball the stadium stood to its feet. Absolute legend.

----------------Hart
Book---Doyle-------Watson---Pardoe
---------------Oakes
Buzzer--------Bell---------Sterling
-----------Lee------Young

In 4-3-3 formation and including only players I've seen:

Corrigan; Walker, Doyle, Watson, Pardoe; Bell, Lake, Foden; Sterling, Francis, Tueart

I've gone for Pardoe even though he played his last first-team game before I watched my first. He carried on playing in the reserves until 1976/7, and my old man used to take me when the seniors were playing away, so he counts in my book as a City player I saw play.

I did see Franny Lee play at Maine Road, but only for Derby, so I didn't feel I could include him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.