Best areas to live in Manc?

But apparently this country's gone down the toilet so why don't you all go somewhere else, or is the assumption that it's all the fault of immigrants. Have a good look around and you decide who is 'ruining the country'. At least Wheelsy had the decency to leave. I also note that all the best places to live are not even in Manchester.

And so, my vote is naturally for Xanadu in this wonderful city of Manchester. If only I could get those tolls working at the city gates, you foreigners could pay for the privilege of using my roads and street lights, annoying my police force and fire brigade, and polluting my children's air. Only if... Manchester for Mancunians [not so patriotic now, are you?].

Britain going to the wall??? Hasnt that been said every decade for the last century and more, i remember the 70's, 3 day week and bin bags in the streets, the 80's with the riots and Maggie apparently ruining Britain, the 90's we had black monday when billions were lost it nearly went tets up again, and now the new and improved credit crunch...

Other cliches, this is the worst generation of children ever (said about my generation and most of yours as well), we have no right to be called Great anymore and exams are now easier, sorry its been a while since i read the Daily Mail cant think of anymore...

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
de niro said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
de niro said:
dont pay any attention to the previous replies.

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING BACK TO THIS DUMP.

britain has gone mate, proper gone.

Another doom merchant.
It's called realism, would you swap oz for the uk?

Never I can't stand Australia, horrib;e backward place, no culture, no history and full of bugs. I spend a lot of time in the USA particulary the west coast around SF and LA thats the only place I would move to, and even then it would be a big decision. But you need bottle to make it in the USA, a bit like this country is becoming, people who go to Aus have generally failed in the UK and have a 'grass is greener' attitude. People who go to the USA go because they USA wants/needs them because they are good.
LA would do me fine too.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Stuart said:
anywhere around heaton park ? higher blackley/bowker vale/crumpsall/rhodes/prestwich . a few pubs , largest municipal park in europe , shops , supermarkets , schools , plenty of bus routes into manchester - middleton road/bury old road/bury new road/victoria ave . next to M60 , M65 , M62 motorways .
Prestwich, around the Clough (Bury New Road/Prestwich Village area). Good transport links, all sorts of open areas on the doorstep but only 15 minutes into Manchester.

Yes, got to agree. Crumpsall was where I was raised and it was lovely. Heaton Park is but a walk away and the other neighbourhoods mentioned also still have that settled feel to them. And the public transport/amenities and proximity to God's Own Club and Manc City Centre is an added bonus.

Urmston/Flixton is nice. And Chorlton has a great liberal buzz to it.

Thats my two suggestions.

Oh and Whitefield too.

Ally.P said:
Urmston/Flixton is nice. And Chorlton has a great liberal buzz to it.

Thats my two suggestions.

Oh and Whitefield too.

The 'liberal buzz' is due to the bolsheviks all being at the funny fags all day in between the guardian and fair trade latte lapping.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Never I can't stand Australia, horrib;e backward place, no culture, no history and full of bugs. I spend a lot of time in the USA particulary the west coast around SF and LA thats the only place I would move to, and even then it would be a big decision. But you need bottle to make it in the USA, a bit like this country is becoming, people who go to Aus have generally failed in the UK and have a 'grass is greener' attitude. People who go to the USA go because they USA wants/needs them because they are good.

Cor, there's some grand, sweeping ignorance for you.

The criteria for getting into Oz is pretty stringent - if you don't have the skills they want or the means, you don't get the visa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.