Best City team since when - name the year.

Pam

Is this the best City squad in a generation? What was the best City team of all time and how close are we to that now?

Pam I asked my old fella who has been watching us for 75 years and he said that this is the best squad he can ever remember.......ever, ever...............

HOWEVER the best 11 we can currently put out is not as good as the 1969 11.......who came from a squad of only 14.........

Corrigan, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Coleman, Young.............

they were rarely injured and were unbelievable winning 5 pots........

so our current 30 squad is the best squad. but the 69 lot were the best 11

There is no question this is the best team and squad we have ever had.

Place our best eleven against any city team of the past and we would have more quality.

kismet said:
Pam I asked my old fella who has been watching us for 75 years and he said that this is the best squad he can ever remember.......ever, ever...............

HOWEVER the best 11 we can currently put out is not as good as the 1969 11.......who came from a squad of only 14.........

Corrigan, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Coleman, Young.............

Seconded. However, the team of '76/'77 that finished one point behind Liverpool were a fantastic unit.

Corrigan
Clements
Donachie
Doyle
Watson
Owen
Barnes
Hartford
Kidd
Royle
Tueart

One bloody point!
:-(

Gotta go with the '69/70 view - the year I started watching the glorious Citizens! - it has been mostly downhill since then (as you can understand) but I'm relishing the prospects from this point forwards :)

Being 17 I've only been watching City for 11 years, but it's unquestionably the best City side I've ever seen.

kismet said:

I hope your fella is right, kis, because that would be awesome.

76/77 without doubt.
Fantastic team.
Magical days at Maine Rd, Ipswich 2-1 (Watsons header)
L'pool I-I (that was the point)
Denis Tueart king of all Geordies and all that.
I was 13, thats why i'm CTID.
Bring on the Champions, that's what we sang, and for the 1st time since then
i believe it,
CTID

Halfpenny said:
Being 17 I've only been watching City for 11 years, but it's unquestionably the best City side I've ever seen.

I'm 25 and this is defo the best team we've had since I can remember, yep that's right even better than having Brannan and Grant as our midfield powerhouses!

76/77 were a great team and should have won the League, they were better than Liverpool.........

69 has to be the best as they collected the Premiership, Euro Cup Winners, FA, League and Charity Shield in 4 years.........

The 1936 team of Swifty, Barkas , Doherty, etc were the only other City side to have lifted the Championship.........

however one of my favourite 11 were in 81, Gow, Hutchinson, Mcdonald etc etc.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.