Best City things to do or see near the Etihad, and where to eat

Walk the canal to and from the game and a pint at Ducie St Warehouse if you can get served.
Manchester museum is good.

I sometimes pop into the Shakespeare or the Old Wellington for a pint and a bite to eat,although the shakespeare seems to only do grub on Fridays to Sundays ..

The Stadium tour? Not sure how they do it on match day but have seen groups being shown round sometimes!

Failing that the Glass bridge, although no longer glass has had the entrances redesigned by extremely talented students at the High School where I used to be Chair of Governors. I am very proud of that structure on their behalf. :-)

Thanks everyone, burrito or pizza will please the boy. A canal walk and craft ale sounds good. Interestingly the Chinese seems to be part of the Wing Yip empire and I used to use their restaurant in Birmingham but haven’t been for years. Depending on time the Manchester museum might be a shout. We’ve pre booked parking at the ground, how long is the walk from the town centre?

Pizza at Rudy’s ancoats - then a pint in either Edinburgh Castle, Jimmy’s or seven brothers… or all 3.

Thanks everyone, burrito or pizza will please the boy. A canal walk and craft ale sounds good. Interestingly the Chinese seems to be part of the Wing Yip empire and I used to use their restaurant in Birmingham but haven’t been for years. Depending on time the Manchester museum might be a shout. We’ve pre booked parking at the ground, how long is the walk from the town centre?
Depends where you are. If at the northern end about 20/30 minutes. Make sure you’re on the right canal as they both come into town near Ancoats/Islington but head back out in different directions. You want the Ashton Canal and you can’t miss the ground. They both join where Cask and some other bars are.

Rudys is a good shout but try and book as it gets busy.

National Football Museum surely!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.