Best City things to do or see near the Etihad, and where to eat

@Penfold the Duke I've not read all the suggestions but just had a thought. It could take a little time to do a tour of all the statues outside The Etihad as we know has quite a few now. Walking round them, taking photos and a bit about the history of each person with a statue? Just a random thought. :-)

Cheers, Eccles and Riverside, good ideas. we’ve not seen the new statues and we’ve figured out where Pep’s mural is so we’ll definitely do those. Not much luck with the other murals they seem to have been promotional ones only. A trip to Stockport to see the Foden one next visit maybe.

@Penfold the Duke

Apologies, I don't mean to gatecrash you're thread.

Two questions,

Best place for a Full English Breakfast?

Best Chinese Restaurant to sit in?

I haven't found a nice breakfast place in such a long time. I used to love going The Metro for breakfast but that's obviously gone.

Thanks

@Penfold the Duke

Two questions,

I haven't found a nice breakfast place in such a long time. I used to love going The Metro for breakfast but that's obviously gone.

Thanks

If you only want to sit in a Chinese restaurant then I really don’t have a recommendation

But if you’re up for eating something, then my go to when in town, PURELY FOR QUALITY, is the Blue Eyed Panda. They’re not the cheapest and the portions are not the largest, but the quality is consistently very, very good. Second choice (cheaper & larger portions) is the Rice Bowl.

The breakfast(buffet) at the Doubletree opposite Piccadilly station is VERY GOOD, but I get it for free when I stay there, so not sure what the price is.

@Penfold the Duke

Two questions,

Thanks

Spooooooooooons for a brekkie, and available all day too with Chips included after midday. You know it's a 5.30pm KO don't you?

Are you looking for central manchester or other areas for brekkie?

Get a tram to Civic Centre Wythenshawe and take in the ambience before settling down to a few pints in the famous and welcoming Silver Birch across the road.
The Silver Birch…now that’s a blast from the past for me, is it still going?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.