best ever city match day pub...

The Grapes.

Me and Tommy would talk about the old days and then wander off to the match. He bought me a pint once.

I did like the Parkside tho.

I suppose a lot of it depended on where you came from. Being from North Manchester i only frequented the ale houses town side of cleremont road. Started going in Jabez Clegg in the latter years, always a nice welcome.

Freds Patio said:
I'm really, really glad that no one has said Mary D's. And not even on the wum either. I was too young to drink when we were at Maine Road but I did enjoy the visits to the Parkside, with a certain Mr Sow on the door

Think if someone mentioned Mary-D's Blue Moon would go into meltdown. I only went in the Parkside twice I think as a young lad with my dad, couldn't drink of course but I have vague memories of the place. From those two vague memories alone I can say that the Parkside was 1000 times better than Mary-D's, and I'm actually a fan of the latter. Seems to be a lot quieter nowadays though, shame to be honest, at the end of last season there were several games in there that I thought everyone was bang up for it! Was quality.

The Robin Hood in the 80's
Drug raid's
Stabbing s
Undercover old bill,
Dealing(weed)
And not a regular under 50yrs old
Fukien mad (a very calm mad)
They never bothered any fans ever
To be fair to them I was 18 and stoned haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.