Best ever Rock song

Yes, I can go with that, it was also the precursor to Punk Rock.
When we first heard this song as teenage kids, we were open mouthed with awe and excitement, the overt sexual
reference, driving beat and clattering guitar absolutely blew us all away, a justified rock classic.

Couldn't of put it any better myself. But you missed out heavy metal..it set that on its way too.

I find it a bit sad. It was done especially for The Kids Are Alright film, essentially replaying the track in the studio for the cameras. And Moon's physical condition is desperately poor, and it's obvious both in his far below par drumming and his puppy dog behaviour to the others throughout. It's so clear how lost he felt and how insecure about himself and his place in the band. He would be dead a couple of months later.

Sorry, I've probably ruined it for you now!

I like it for exactly the puppy dog behaviour you mention. He still looks like he's having fun to me.

Not sure how you lot are narrowing this down, when I started thinking I came up with about 20 bands that would have at least 10 contenders each plus loads of bands with just a couple. My short list must be getting on for 200 songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.