Best ever, wrongly disallowed goal?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Can's see the videos at work so sorry if already mentioned but Mendes' against the Rags?

mentioned mate, i was at my dads and his two step sons are rags so it was on.

i was having a chat with my dad and we weren't really paying attention. when we heard the commentator's voice get excited we looked up.

i've never seen my dad get so mad at a game city weren't involved.

1981 League Cup semi final first leg, City v Liverpool at Maine Road.
Score 0-0 and a cross comes over, Kevin Reeves out jumps Alan Hanson, back of the net, 1-0.
No. There was 50,000 plus in the old ground and the only person inside who thought it wasn't a goal was the referee who claimed Reeves unfairly nudged Hanson (who made no claim as the ball nestled in the goal......)
Souness then banged in the winner on the night....

Dominated the 2nd leg at Anfield (Gary Buckley skinned Phil Neal over and over again) but could only get a 1-1 draw.....
John Bond was manager but it was Allison's team as Gow, Hutchison and MacDonald were all cup tied.

Fuckin' robbed we were.....

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Score 0-0 and a cross comes over, Kevin Reeves out jumps Alan Hanson, back of the net, 1-0.
No. There was 50,000 plus in the old ground and the only person inside who thought it wasn't a goal was the referee who claimed Reeves unfairly nudged Hanson (who made no claim as the ball nestled in the goal......)

Dominated the 2nd leg at Anfield (Gary Buckley skinned Phil Neal over and over again) but could only get a 1-1 draw.....
John Bond was manager but it was Allison's team as Gow, Hutchison and MacDonald were all cup tied.

Agreed mate (but I'm sure it was Ray Kennedy who swept it in at the back post) from a soft as fook free-kick.
Dave Bennett also hit the bar with a flashing header in the return at Anfield, as you say though, fuckin robbed !

RVPs beautiful lob in the 4-4 at St James last season. Flagged for offside but should have won them the game.

Remember the match away to Ipswich in the 1st Div in I think the 76-77 season, where we was going neck and neck with Liverpool and also Ipswich, travelled by train down to Portman Rd, we had the opposite end filled with City, in the first half had a blatant penalty in the Ipswich box turn down, I think they then scored, and then we took till nearly the end of the match to finally put the ball in the back of the net, I think it was Tueart who scored??, only for the ref to then go over to the side line to talk to the linesman, who I think flagged to say one of our players was either interfering with the state of play or in an offside position even though he was way on the opposite side of the goal and wasnt near any of the play, still the ref said no goal which gutted us, lost the match and vital points.....still had revenge when they came to Maine Rd won 2-1, with the winning goal being scored by big Dave Watson in the last minute of normal time........

Does anyone remember that Goal we scored against Spurs but was disallowed due to Sol Campbell fouling his own keeper? Feck I can't remember which City player scored it, it was a header from a corner.

It was at Maine Road, roughly 10-12 years ago?

No wonder I can't stand Tottternammm hoterspurz, cunts!!!

Dirty Harry said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Agreed mate (but I'm sure it was Ray Kennedy who swept it in at the back post) from a soft as fook free-kick.
Dave Bennett also hit the bar with a flashing header in the return at Anfield, as you say though, fuckin robbed !

Ha! Yes I think you are right, it was Kennedy..... I was thinking about Souness's goal in the League Cup final reply at Maine Road!!

Yes recall Bennett hitting the bar too. We pissed on them that night, silenced the Kop too. My 1st trip to Anfield (no one on the coach told me to leave the scarf on the coach!) got chased back to the coach, but i didnt realise at the time they just wanted to see which coach I got on, as it was all mixed up with out of town dipper coaches too. Subsequently got bricked on the way out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.