Best gig you've ever been to

Completely. you obviously haven't listened to much of his work. Faith, Listen Without Prejudice and Older, all fantastic albums. He was up there with Prince and Michael Jackson in terms of record sales and awards. His voice is just unbelievable. Aretha does not duet with any fool.
I've listened to GM many times and quite liked him tbh. But to say he was the best male soulful singer bar none is a bit much. Have you ever heard of R Dean Taylor ? PJ Proby? Steve Marriot? Steve Winwood? or Scott Walker to name a few. GM was a very talented song writer and singer, but not whilst I've got an hole in my arse was he in any of the above league vocally. And regarding Aretha Franklin, GM was one of the biggest selling artists at the time, I think that might of been a telling factor. Oh, and just because somebody sells a lot of albums, doesn't necessarily mean that person is a great singers. You're oviciously a massive GM fan and whatever I say, you won't have it. But I'm not knocking the fella.

I've listened to GM many times and quite liked him tbh. But to say he was the best male soulful singer bar none is a bit much. Have you ever heard of R Dean Taylor ? PJ Proby? Steve Marriot? Steve Winwood? or Scott Walker to name a few. GM was a very talented song writer and singer, but not whilst I've got an hole in my arse was he in any of the above league vocally. And regarding Aretha Franklin, GM was one of the biggest selling artists at the time, I think that might of been a telling factor. Oh, and just because somebody sells a lot of albums, doesn't necessarily mean that person is a great singers. You're oviciously a massive GM fan and whatever I say, you won't have it. But I'm not knocking the fella.
Of course I have heard of and listened to those you list except RDean Taylor. Are they Blues or Soul? All talented of course and it’s down to personal choice. Would add joe Cocker to your list too. I just see them as singing a different genre, no better or worse.

Of course I have heard of and listened to those you list except RDean Taylor. Are they Blues or Soul? All talented of course and it’s down to personal choice. Would add joe Cocker to your list too. I just see them as singing a different genre, no better or worse.
Listen to Ghost in my house by R Dean Taylor and you won't believe the guy is white, such is his soulful voice. He also top hits with Indiana wants me and Gotta see Jane. A brilliant singer and one attached to the Motown label. And the above had soulful voices not necessarily soul singers. But GM wasn't really a soul singer, I'd say he was a pop artist who could sing soul and other stuff.

Tim Blake closing Glastonbury 79 .

Had the full crystal machine set-up. The air was misty which made the laser show and brilliant set even more spectacular.

Special.

Listen to Ghost in my house by R Dean Taylor and you won't believe the guy is white, such is his soulful voice. He also top hits with Indiana wants me and Gotta see Jane. A brilliant singer and one attached to the Motown label. And the above had soulful voices not necessarily soul singers. But GM wasn't really a soul singer, I'd say he was a pop artist who could sing soul and other stuff.
This guy is soulful as fuck!

Other 'blue eyed soul' singer's who had great voices but bad material are Rick Astley and Kenny Thomas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.