Best Goal 'non celebration'

Colin Bell , neraly every time he scored a goal he would turn and head for the half way line , humble and modest doesnt even begin to describe him ,i dont think he ever actually new how good he was himself, so glad we did.
I used to love Colin's understated goal celebrations. He used to rub his face and walk back for the kick-off, sometimes carrying the ball in his hands. Occasionally he would initially raise his arms but only for a few seconds as if he was embarrassed by what had happened. In fact I think it had a demoralising impact on opposing players. For Bell scoring was just business as usual.

Kolo Toure stood on the touchline with his hands in his pockets while Mancini and all around him were celebrating Aguero's winner v QPR.
When Sergio scored I was stunned and actually remained in my seat. It was like watching a movie in slow motion. I have never felt anything like it. In fact I remained strangely calm for a long time. It was a feeling of total bliss and I didn't really explode till I saw the scoreboard clock counting down from 44 years.

Denis Law...

close thread.
A couple of decades or so ago City produced a booklet called "Keeping the Faith" and invited supporters, players, ex players and managers to contribute a short descriptor of their favourite City moment. I described Denis Law's back heal and was fortunate enough to be included. If I remember correctly I was on a page next to Don Revie. The booklet itself went into Dad's coffin.
Last birthday my sister bought me a signed photograph of Denis Law leaving the pitch with Mike Summerbee whilst two "fans" had run onto the pitch to hurl abuse at him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.