Best in the world?

PhuketBlue said:
Czech Republic. Beautiful cities and countryside, lovely people, best beer, good food, rather attractive ladies, nice language and a climate that suits me.

Never thought about Czech Republic, any good for travelling? Whens the best time to go and anything to avoid?

Josh Blue said:
PhuketBlue said:
Czech Republic. Beautiful cities and countryside, lovely people, best beer, good food, rather attractive ladies, nice language and a climate that suits me.

Never thought about Czech Republic, any good for travelling? Whens the best time to go and anything to avoid?

Spring, Summer Autumn all nice for travelling and it's very easy to get around the country. Winter's good for skiing. Loads of nice places to visit.

Personally i would avoid the tourist bars and restaurants in the centre and head to the Czech places.

PhuketBlue said:
Josh Blue said:
PhuketBlue said:

Spring, Summer Autumn all nice for travelling and it's very easy to get around the country. Winter's good for skiing. Loads of nice places to visit.

Personally i would avoid the tourist bars and restaurants in the centre and head to the Czech places.

Hmmm it does sound good, thinking of doing Holland, Germany and now Czech Republic back packing central europe.

Well, I've lived in the UK, Singapore, Sweden, Portugal and now Switzerland. Frankly it's not the place that matters it's where you are in your life and who you are with that counts.

Switzerland is a lovely country but it's culturally rather boring, Sweden was nice but expensive and dark half the year. Singapore hot and fake. Portugal rather primitive. I've also visited over 80 countries and I spend on average 120 days a year traveling on business, in fact I'm writing this from Sanya, the most southerly city on Hainan Island.

The world is a wonderful place but I don't think I'll ever find the "best" bit of it because as time passes my definition of best changes and what was best yesterday may become boring today.

I live in Sweden. I also lived in America for 8 years.

While Sweden is a great country in many ways, the lack of light due to the geographical location is starting to become reason enough for me to move to another country. From October all the way through April it feels like living in a coffin. Dark when you leave for work and dark when you return home. Depression runs rampant in Sweden during those months, because of lack of light.

I was far and beyond reason when I romanticized Sweden when I lived in America, but coming back home after getting a perspective living abroad for 8 years have given me a completely different outlook on Sweden. I see the good AND the bad with much greater clarity.

Gelsons Dad said:
The world is a wonderful place but I don't think I'll ever find the "best" bit of it because as time passes my definition of best changes and what was best yesterday may become boring today.

Whole heartedly agree with that.

While America has its problems there are things I love about America as well. Every country has its problems, and its positives, it's all a matter of what your personal preferences are. And as we all know preferences change...

I've not been there yet but New York would be pretty great. I see mentions of Canada and New Zealand but they strike me as being too boring. New Yorkers always seem cool.

I'm a pretty poor judge to be honest as the number of countries I've visited can be counted on one hand.

That said there are a few places I would love to see, I'd like to go and see my friend in Brisbane some time. As I work in physics it'd be good to go to Switzerland to see CERN and what goes on there, at the same time Florida has the Space Center. Not only that, before he retired my grandad loved living in Florida, my mum lived there for a year too and now my grandad has passed away it would be good to see where he spent his best years.

So they're my top 3 places I'd like to visit, in order I'd say:

1) Florida, USA
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) Brisbane, Australia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.