Best Mancunian players who have played for City

coleridge said:
Whitworth Park said:
I think Clive Wilson must have been the most local player as he lived just off
LLoyd Street / Gt. Western Street.
I know Neil Young lived near as he went to Heald Place School but not sure where.

Jive was probably the nearest, along with Jason and Darren Beckford, all original Jamaican [Moss Side born] boys from Da' Moss.

We used to play Heald Green at U11s on the school playing with Maine Road's floodlights as the backdrop.

All good South Manchester lads.

Big Alex must have been the nearest. He lived above the souvenir shop for years.

I'm trying to think where Beckford lived when he was at school. I know it says Moss Side born on Wiki but he must have moved when he was pretty young if that's true. Might have been Longsight but not sure now.

coleridge said:
Whitworth Park said:
I think Clive Wilson must have been the most local player as he lived just off
LLoyd Street / Gt. Western Street.
I know Neil Young lived near as he went to Heald Place School but not sure where.

Jive was probably the nearest, along with Jason and Darren Beckford, all original Jamaican [Moss Side born] boys from Da' Moss.

We used to play Heald Green at U11s on the school playing with Maine Road's floodlights as the backdrop.

All good South Manchester lads.

I remember after one night match, walking (staggering) outside the social club and Dave Bennett was walking past (having played in the game).
''Where you going Dave?'' I asked.
''Home'', he replied, adding ''it's just around the corner''.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.