Best mid / premium tablet

Kinkladze 1

Im upgrading my 5yr old iPad and would appreciate some advice. I was going to get another iPad but yesterday I saw my mates Hauwei P20 and it made my iPhone 6 look like a fossil so that got me open to non Apple tablets. I need cellular and wifi and will spend up to £450 and want a 9 inch screen like my current one.

I won't be gaming at all. I just use it to browse and watch tv on.

Cheers

If you only browse and watch TV on it, you don't really need a powerful one.

Just get an Amazon Fire and tether it to your phone, and spend the other £350 on something else.
Hi mate, I don’t think I could tether for up to 4hrs per day. It would smash though too much data. I have 32gb to go at.

Hi mate, I don’t think I could tether for up to 4hrs per day. It would smash though too much data. I have 32gb to go at.

Makes little difference to be honest. If you get a cellular one or tether it to the phone, you're still paying for the data and at the same rate and price. Just up your phone allowance a bit.

Buy a Chromebook and have a proper computer with a keyboard with the battery life of a table.

Ditch the idea of built in 4G and get a mifi device instead - you can use your new Chromebook (or Amazon device) with that and share it with whoever else needs it. Also a Mifi can sit by the window for better reception.

Im upgrading my 5yr old iPad and would appreciate some advice. I was going to get another iPad but yesterday I saw my mates Hauwei P20 and it made my iPhone 6 look like a fossil so that got me open to non Apple tablets. I need cellular and wifi and will spend up to £450 and want a 9 inch screen like my current one.

I won't be gaming at all. I just use it to browse and watch tv on.

Cheers

I do this through Sky .... £12 a month.. after 24 months I can swap out for a new one

https://www.sky.com/shop/mobile/bun...s=PAYU&data=14997&swap=48MSWAP36&tablet=14859

Buy a Chromebook and have a proper computer with a keyboard with the battery life of a table.

Ditch the idea of built in 4G and get a mifi device instead - you can use your new Chromebook (or Amazon device) with that and share it with whoever else needs it. Also a Mifi can sit by the window for better reception.
Fully agree but make sure it's an Acer or deffinately not a HP whatever you do.

Cheers mate, one to condsider.

The MiFi idea would incur extra costs. I can share my phones 32gb of data with my iPad so no cost implication there. That’s sort of why i’ll need the new tablet to be cellular.

Cheers

That doesn't make sense - if you can share your phone's data, you don't need your tablet to be cellular - you just need WiFi, which it will have. At a push, bluetooth.

Unless you're planning to be swapping the SIM card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.