Best non-City related book you've ever read.

wounded.jpg

a6bd103978826f6678597da3a25b346c.jpg

9780099387916.jpg

32502.jpg

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Best work of fiction - The Brothers Karamazov,by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Worst work of comedy fiction - The Holy Bible.

So you've read the bible then? I sincerely doubt you haven't and you just wanted a chance to try and make a snide comment about it.

Aguero is my king said:

So you've read the bible then? I sincerely doubt you haven't and you just wanted a chance to try and make a snide comment about it.

You don't 'sincerely doubt' fuck all about me,because we have never met.
But just to clarify things,I was brought up as a strict Roman Catholic,was an altar boy,and have read the bible several times.
I hesitate to say I have possibly read it a damned sight more times than you have,but then I don't deal in speculation about someone I don't know.
However,don't let my 'snide comments' detract from the enjoyment of chatting to your imaginary friend.

Aguero is my king said:

You don't 'sincerely doubt' fuck all about me,because we have never met.
But just to clarify things,I was brought up as a strict Roman Catholic,was an altar boy,and have read the bible several times.
I hesitate to say I have possibly read it a damned sight more times than you have,but then I don't deal in speculation about someone I don't know.
However,don't let my 'snide comments' detract from the enjoyment of chatting to your imaginary friend.

Don't listen to him mate, he's very vindictive. He's honestly been exposed in this post.

citykev28 said:
Best I've read :
Glue by Irvine Welsh
The Road to Los Angeles by John Fante

Need to read :
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
1984 by George Orwel
l
2 very, very good books. I'd add All Quiet on The Western Front, and Birdsong to that list.

No logo is interesting (no, I'm not a fan boy)

Currently reading Hitler by Ian kershaw, it's hard going.

brought up on a diet of war books(thanks dad)..
best ive read.........Dispatches...by Michael Herr

just read...On the road... by jack Keraouc so maybe another of his
and more Charles Bukowski.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.